There are many ways to populate your Kodi library with media – if you have those files locally stored. However, thanks to Kodi addons, this is possible with cloud-based media as well, which is highly suitable for devices with limited storage. With that said, we’d like to introduce you to the Google Drive Kodi addon, which we'll focus on in this short guide.
As you can already guess, Google Drive for Kodi lets you integrate this cloud storage provider with your favorite home theater software. We have to say that we’re impressed by this addon, letting you add more than one Google account, giving you access to all your videos, photos, music, and other types of media files.
You'll also be happy to know that the Google Drive Kodi addon works with any Google account, even the free ones. It also lets you search for files, adds them as sources to Kodi, and plenty more. With that said, there's practically no reason not to try it.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
IMPORTANT: Unblock Kodi Addons & Protect Your Privacy Using a VPN!
When using Kodi addons – you also HAVE TO use a VPN! That’s the only way to secure your use of Kodi while getting extra content as well. Here’s what VPNs bring:
- Get Access to More Content: Most Kodi addons are available in a limited number of countries. The only way to bypass that geo-block is to change your IP address, using a VPN. You’ll GET ACCESS to ANY Kodi addon out there, including its entire content library!
- Avoid the Risks of Using Illegal Addons: Plenty of Kodi addons scrape their content from ILLEGAL sources, which might land you in a lot of trouble. Aside from PIRATED CONTENT, addons installed from the Web can contain MALWARE as well. To prevent others from exploiting your privacy, use a VPN (which hides everything you do in Kodi).
- Prevent Your ISP from Tracking You: If your Internet provider sees you using Kodi, it might THROTTLE your connection. And if you’re caught using ILLEGAL addons, you’ll receive a copyright infringement notice. Avoid both of those dangers by hiding your traffic via a VPN.
Not every VPN is good enough for Kodi. You need one that unblocks any addon and protects your digital privacy (by hiding your data). After testing more than 60 VPNs, our team recommends ExpressVPN – the best Kodi VPN available today!
Save Big Today: For a very limited time, TechNadu’s readers can SAVE 49% on ExpressVPN and get 3 EXTRA MONTHS added to their subscription. Act quickly!
How To Install Google Drive Addon on Kodi
To install Google Drive on Kodi, you need to go through the following steps:
1. Locate Kodi on your device and select its icon to open the application.
2. Then, click on 'Add-ons,' found in the application’s main menu.
3. Hover over 'Download' on the left, and then pick 'Video Add-ons' on the right.
4. Now, navigate to 'Google Drive.' Select the addon’s name to open its overview.
5. Use the 'Install' button that you’ll see in the bottom-right corner.
6. If asked to install any dependencies, make sure to click on 'OK.'
7. The addon will now download and install. Wait for a notification on the right.
8. Return all the way to Kodi’s start screen. Then, select 'Add-ons' once again.
9. Using the main menu, find the Google Drive Kodi addon and open it.
10. Lastly, click 'Add an Account' and proceed to log in to your Google account.
Google Drive for Kodi offers plenty of customization. To access those options, find Google Drive's icon in the 'Video Add-ons' folder. Right-click on the icon and pick 'Information.' Then, select 'Configure' (visible at the bottom of your screen). Take a close look at the options you'll see there, and feel free to fine-tune the addon as per your liking.
This is where we conclude our guide on the Google Drive Kodi addon. If you have any questions on your mind, share them via the comments section below. And finally, thank you for reading!