There are many ways to populate your Kodi library with media – if you have those files locally stored. However, thanks to Kodi addons, this is possible with cloud-based media as well, which is highly suitable for devices with limited storage. With that said, we’d like to introduce you to the Google Drive Kodi addon.
As you can already guess, Google Drive for Kodi lets you integrate this cloud storage provider with your favorite home theater application. We have to say that we’re impressed by this addon, letting you add more than one Google account, giving you access to all your videos, photos, music, and other types of media files.
You’ll also be happy to know that the Google Drive Kodi addon works with any Google account, even the free ones. It also lets you search for files, add them as sources to Kodi, and plenty more. With that said, there’s practically no reason not to try it.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Finally, here are the 10 steps to install Google Drive on Kodi in 2021:
1. Locate Kodi on your device and select its icon to open the application.
2. Then, click on ‘Add-ons,’ found in the application’s main menu.
3. Hover over ‘Download‘ on the left, and then pick ‘Video Add-ons‘ on the right.
4. Now, navigate to ‘Google Drive.’ Select the addon’s name to open its overview.
5. Use the ‘Install‘ button that you’ll see in the bottom-right corner.
6. If asked to install any dependencies, make sure to click on ‘OK.’
7. The addon will now download and install. Wait for a notification on the right.
8. Return all the way to Kodi’s start screen. Then, select ‘Add-ons‘ once again.
9. Using the main menu, find the Google Drive Kodi addon and open it.
10. Lastly, click ‘Add an Account‘ and proceed to log in to your Google account.
Keep in mind that Google Drive for Kodi offers plenty of customization. To access those options, find Google Drive’s icon in your ‘Video Add-ons’ folder. Right-click on the icon and pick ‘Information.’ Then, select ‘Configure’ (visible at the bottom of your screen). Take a close look at the options you’ll see there, and feel free to fine-tune the addon as per your liking.
This is where we conclude our guide on the Google Drive Kodi addon. If you have any questions on your mind, make sure to share them via the comments section below. And finally, thank you for reading!