As you surely know, many addons for Kodi have been fighting legal battles. As a result, some of the most popular ones have shut down a week ago. This is forcing Kodi users to look for alternatives. If you’re one of those users, you’ve come to the right place. We will talk about an interesting addon called USTVCatchup. It has been around for quite some time but still manages to surprise us with its interesting content. So, let’s take a deeper look at the USTVCatchup Kodi addon.
Disclaimer: We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
WARNING: Before You Continue…
TechNadu recommends connecting to the Web using a VPN application. The majority of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are able of tracking your Web browsing habits and collecting information. This kind of personal data can be forwarded to government agencies or sold to marketing companies. One of the consequences of these actions can be copyright infringement notices that some users of Kodi reported receiving. The only way to stop this from happening is to use a VPN.
- VPN applications encrypt your Internet connection. As such, your personal data stay hidden and inaccessible by your Internet Service Provider.
- VPNs unlock restricted content. Using this kind of application, your computer will receive a new IP address that points to a completely different physical location. This is how you can watch region-restricted movies and TV shows.
- VPNs can improve your Internet connectivity. A reliable VPN application can de-block throttled connections and achieve better overall performance.
Based on our experience, TechNadu would like to recommend IPVanish. This has been our VPN of choice for a long time, making us happy with its features and performance.
IPVanish is capable of keeping your connection highly secure. It can also be used to watch region-restricted movies and TV shows. Finally, this application doesn’t affect Internet connection speeds. On top of that, it’s very affordable.
Sign up for IPVanish and try it out for yourself.
USTVCatchup Kodi Addon: The Basics
It is interesting to note that this addon has been on the ‘correct’ side of the law ever since it became available. That is because of the nature of its content. USTVCatchup collects publicly available TV shows on the Web and presents them in an intuitive manner. What this means is that it offers on-demand episodes that you can watch free of charge on the Web.
How to Install USTVCatchup for Kodi?
This addon has been available in the TV Addons Repository for a while now. You probably know that this repository has had its share of issues with the law. However, it somehow always manages to resurface. It’s also important to know that this is where you’ll find the latest official version of the USTVCatchup Kodi addon.
We want to make sure that you can install this addon without any issues. This means that you’ll find a very detailed step-by-step guide complemented by screenshots. However, you first need to make sure that your Kodi works with third-party addons. This isn’t the case by default but you can correct this easily.
To learn how to enable Kodi to support third-party addons, you need to enable ‘Unknown Sources’. Use the provided link to read a short but helpful tutorial.
It’s time to show you to install the USTVCatchup Kodi addon. First, you need to add a new file source and then instruct Kodi to install the TV Addons Repository. Let’s begin.
- Launch Kodi;
- Click on the gear icon in the top-left corner to access the application’s Settings;
- Select the ‘File Manager’ button;
- Next, double-click on ‘Add Source’ on the left side your screen;
- A new pop-up should appear. Click on ‘<None>’ within the pop-up;
- As you’ll see, Kodi will ask for a path. Make sure to paste the following URL path: http://fusion.tvaddons.co/. Click ‘OK’ when done;
- Finally, you need to provide a name for new source. You can name it ‘TV Addons’;
- Click ‘OK’ and the pop-will will disappear.
Congratulations! You’ve added a new file source to Kodi. Next, we’ll instruct Kodi to use that source and install the TV Addons Repository.
- Go back to Kodi’s Home Screen;
- Click on ‘Add-ons’ in the left-placed main menu;
- Next, click on the open box icon in the top-left corner;
- Make sure to select ‘Install from ZIP file’;
- Navigate to TV Addons > Kodi Repos > English within the opened pop-up;
- Now, click on a file named ‘repository.xbmchub-3.0.0.zip’;
- Wait a few seconds and Kodi will let you know that you’ve installed the new repository.
We are only a few steps away from completing this process. We’ll now tell you how to access the TV Addons repository and install the USTVCatchup Kodi addon.
- Select ‘Install from Repository’;
- Now navigate to TVADDONS.CO Add-on Repository > Video Add-ons > USTVCatchup;
- You’ll open the addon’s overview. Click on the ‘Install’ button in the bottom-right corner;
- After a few seconds, USTVCatchup will appear in the Add-ons section of your Kodi. Enjoy!
USTVCatchup Kodi Addon: What to Expect?
Upon launching this addon, you will see eleven different content categories. This addon has seen its better days since this isn’t as much content as it was a few months ago. Still, there are a lot of different and interesting TV shows. Let’s take a look.
- ABC seems to bring a lot of content at a first sight. However, it seems like only a few of the available items work at the moment. It’s up you to try out different options;
- Cooking Channel is a category where you’ll find one TV shows named Rev Run’s Thanksgiving Supper;
- DIY Network features a TV show called Maine Cabin Masters where all of the available episodes work just fine;
- Food Network and HGTV is currently empty, so you better skip this one;
- Freeform brings a variety of TV shows, but many of them are down at the moment;
- PBS Kids and NBC are also problematic, so skip these;
- The Smithsonian Channel is perhaps the most interesting category here. It brings many different documentary films, and they all seem to work just fine;
- Sundance TV brings TV shows like Law & Order, The A Word, and The Staircase – all of which are streamable. Furthermore, there’s a large movies section that also works just fine.
- The final entry on this list is Travel Channel – which doesn’t have content as it seems.
Additional Resources: What’s Next?
The USTVCatchup Kodi addon brings a certain type of content you won’t find elsewhere. However, there isn’t a lot of that content. Once you’re ready to move on, here are a few additional options.
- Let’s start with some of the most powerful all-in-one addons. These are The Pyramid, Quantum, and MaverickTV. All of these combine different types of content and add something special to Kodi;
- We also shouldn’t forget Kodi users passionate about sports. We recommend checking out addons like Deliverance and Rising Tides;
By installing all of these addons, you will transform your Kodi into an ultra-powerful streaming machine. Use the provided links to find more about each of the mentioned addons.
We hope you’ve found this article to be useful. In case you have problems installing the USTVCatchup Kodi addon, let us know in the comments section below. We’re always glad to help.
If you’d like to share this article with other Kodi users, feel free to share it across social networks.