HBO Max is one of the most popular streaming platforms nowadays, offering quite a few top-rated WarnerMedia movies and awesome series. It supports many smart TVs, including the Sony Smart TVs and other Android TVs. As we all know, it's really easy to install a native app on a smart TV now, so let's see how to sign up, download, and install HBO Max on Sony Smart TV in a few simple steps.
Which Sony Smart TVs Are Supported by HBO Max?
HBO Max offers support for Android TV-enabled Smart TVs (Google TV or Android TV), such as Sony Smart TVs with Android OS 5 or later, as per the streaming service's website. Android TVs have been included as part of Sony's TV line-up since 2015, and Google TVs were introduced in 2021.
You can find out whether your Sony Smart TV runs on Android OS by looking at its homepage - Android TVs have a Gear icon and the clock displayed in the upper-right corner of the home screen, and Google TVs have your Google account icon in the same spot. LCD/LED type Sony Smart TVs are not included on this list. You can also see what OS your Sony TV has by going to your model support page, as it is listed under the Operating System field on the model Specifications page.
We recommend you check to see if there are any available software updates before installing the app by going to your TV's Settings section.
How to Get HBO Max on Sony Smart TV
- You need to start by making sure you have an HBO subscription, so sign up for HBO Max on their website.
- Once you become an active subscriber, start your Sony Smart TV and make sure it's connected to the Internet.
- Now, go to the Home screen on your Sony Smart TV and Open Google Play Store.
- Use the Search feature and type in "HBO Max" to look for it.
- Now, select HBO Max from the results to open the overview.
- It's time to install it by selecting Install or Get.
- After the process is complete, select Open to access the HBO Max app.
- The last step is to enter your credentials to log in to your newly-installed HBO Max app.
- Now you can play HBO Max movies and series on your Sony Smart TV.
Can I Cast or AirPlay HBO Max to a Sony Smart TV?
Sony Smart TV (Android OS) models have built-in Chromecast support, so you don't need an extra device to cast content. To use the AirPlay feature, make sure you have the latest Sony TV firmware installed.
- Make sure your Sony Smart TV and your Android or iOS device are in the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open HBO Max app on the device you are going to stream content from (or install it if you don't have it yet).
- Then select the title you want to watch.
- Now, tap on Cast icon / AirPlay from your smartphone or tablet.
- Choose your Sony Smart TV, and hit play in the HBO Max app.
- Your content is now playing on your Sony TV.
You can post a comment below in case you have any questions, and we'll make sure to respond as soon as possible. And, of course, enjoy watching HBO Max on Sony Smart TV!