HBO Max is one of the most sought-after streaming services, with several blockbusters from WarnerMedia in its library. This means the HBO Max app supports a vast collection of currently popular devices and platforms in order to reach all customers. That said, let's see how to sign up, download, and install HBO Max on Roku in just a few easy steps.
Is Roku Supported by HBO Max?
Yes, Roku is on the list of supported devices when it comes to the HBO Max app. If you own a Roku streaming device with Roku OS 10.0 and later, you are covered. Roku OS 10 has begun gradually rolling out to Roku players and streaming devices, including the Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Streambar Pro. All Roku TV models should have already received the automatic software update.
To be on the safe side, we'll provide you with a list of Roku streaming devices, stream bars, and TVs that support OS 10.0 and later, as listed on the Roku website. With that said, the following devices are supported:
- Roku Streaming Players and Streambars – 9102X, 9101X, 9100X, 4801X, 4800X, 4670X, 4662X, 4661X, 4660X, 4640X, 4630X, 4620X, 4400X, 4230X, 4210X, 4200X, 3941X, 3940X, 3931X, 3930X, 3921X, 3920X, 3910X, 3900X, 3821X, 3820X, 3811X, 3810X, 3800X, 3710X, 3700X, 3600X, 3500X, 2720X, 2710X, 2700X.
- Roku TV: All Roku TV models.
You can check for software updates by going to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now to make sure your system is up to date.
How to Get HBO Max on Roku
- Subscribe to HBO Max if you aren't a customer already. To sign up, just follow the prompts on the screen and finish setting up your account.
- Once you have your account, Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button on your remote.
- Now, select Streaming Channels on the left side of the screen.
- Find the Search Channels options and select it.
- You will now see a virtual keyboard with a search bar on your screen, so go ahead and type "HBO Max."
- The results will appear on the right side of the screen, so select HBO Max there and open the overview screen.
- Now, select the Add Channel button, and your Roku device will now download and install the app.
- After the install is complete, launch the HBO Max app that you can find on the Home screen.
- Finally, log in to your HBO Max account and enter your credentials. You can also sign up in this step.
- That is all! You can now play your desired HBO Max content on your Roku device.
The HBO Max app has been recently reported to be plagued by several glitches, both minor and major, so the streaming giant announced a total app overhaul on Roku, so stay tuned.
In case you have any questions, post your comment below, and we’ll make sure to respond as soon as possible. And, of course, enjoy watching HBO Max on Roku!