While Disney Plus content is absolutely great, and we love it - but the app itself isn't always the best, giving out annoying errors. One of those errors that will prevent you from watching your shows and movies has the 1016 code.
We are having a problem. Exiting the app… Error Code: 1016 - APP_CONFIG_FAILURE
The problem seems to be tied to smart TVs, so if you're watching Disney Plus in any other way, you probably have not encountered it yet.
What Causes Disney Plus Error Code 1016?
We've noticed that the Disney Plus error code is prevalent with LG and Samsung Smart TV users, making them all unable to access the content they're paying for. In fact, the first time the error popped up, it affected all Samsung Smart TV users. As a result, Disney made the app temporarily unavailable for 2016 Samsung TV models.
How Can I Fix the Disney Plus Error Code 1016?
Even though Disney has rolled out an update for the app, you may still have issues with the service. If you ever see the error again, here's how you can fix it - update the firmware.
- Go on to the Smart TV settings area.
- Move over to the Support tab and select Software Update.
- Select "Update now" and wait. In no time, the update will be installed on your device.
- If this doesn't solve the problem, go to the Disney+ app and uninstall it.
- Travel back to the app store and look for Disney+.
- Install the app on your device once more. Power it up!
If you're still having this issue, it's best to contact the Disney Plus customer support team. They'll be there to help you out in no time! Since they're available 24/7, you can always talk with someone, either over chat, social media, or phone.