Tech

Reliance Jio now holds 50 million subscribers to Prime members out of 100 million

Written by TechNadu Staff
Last updated July 14, 2021

Mukesh Ambani owns Reliance Jio Telecom service, the latest big hit in the Indian market, is closing in on 50 million subscribers have signed the prime membership plan, by paying a one-time charge of Rs 99 and monthly buying a data packs.

Out of 100 million-plus free subscribers, nearly 50 million subscribers have signed up for its prime membership. The company achieved more than 50% of the target set for Reliance Jio prime membership.

Reliance Jio's Happy New Year plan, that offered free voice calls, free SMS, and free data ends on March 31.

The company announced a customer's prime membership on payment of a one-time fee of Rs99 data packs is available as low as Rs 149 per month, to offer free voice calls, SMS, and free data.

Now Reliance Jio is one of the top leading telecom services in the Indian market. This month Idea Cellular and Vodafone India announced to merge. Indian Market leader Bharati Airtel had a combined user base of 37.7 million for its 3G and 4G services at the end of this year.

According to the estimation of Industry reports, 100-105 million subscribers use Reliance Jio service, around 30% are secondary connection taken by the individuals to get a free data. Remaining 70% million users, the company targeting to convert at least two-third to the prime loyalty Programme.

Indian market leader Bharati Airtel had a combined user base of 37.7 million for its 3G and 4G services at the end of this year.

According to ET reports, As of December 31, Bharti Airtel had a market share of 33.1%, followed by Vodafone India with a 23.5% and Idea cellular at 18.7%. And Tata teleservice, Rcom, and Aircel held 6.2%, 5.5%, and 4% respectively.

 



For a better user experience we recommend using a more modern browser. We support the latest version of the following browsers: For a better user experience we recommend using the latest version of the following browsers: