The problem with US-based live TV streaming services is that they’re geo-blocked. This presents a problem if you’re an American residing outside of your home country. In other words, you’ll need to rely on specialized OTT services – such as USTVnow. Thanks to services like this one, watching American TV channels is made possible in the rest of the world. And yes, you’ll get to use a USTVnow Kodi add-on as well!
We’re more than happy to see USTVnow being available on Kodi. That’s because this OTT service doesn’t really have the most polished apps on other platforms. However, by being available on Kodi, you get to use it on practically any device. The only requirement here is to have Kodi installed.
Depending on your USTVnow subscription plan, you’ll get to watch up to 30 TV channels, including ABC, FOX, PBS, FOX News, and plenty more. And also, this platform comes with a nice library of on-demand movies. Considering its low price, this is one of the best ways to watch live TV on Kodi and create an extensive Kodi movie library.
The only thing you need to know is how to install the USTVnow Kodi addon. Don’t worry, that’s precisely why TechNadu is here to help. We’re going to explain this procedure in a simple way and have you up-and-running in no time!
Before we proceed further, we have a word of caution for you. Our strong advice is to make sure you’re using Kodi safely and legally. With this said, we want you to read our In this article, we are talking about Kodi and this application’s official and unofficial addons – all of which are based on open-source code. Addons for Kodi can come from the official source (you can install them via Kodi itself), or they can be hosted by third-party sources (such as GitHub, for example). In addition, Kodi and its addons are publicly available and free of charge.
TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way.
Make sure to carefully read everything said in this disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer as well as the following warning message.
WARNING: When Using Kodi, Make Sure to Always Use a VPN!
Without a VPN, you will be facing many obstacles when using Kodi. Aside from encountering blocked content, you’re also putting your privacy at risk. With this said, here’s why you MUST use a VPN while using Kodi:
- Kodi Imposes Geo-Restrictions: Numerous Kodi addons are restricted to certain countries only. By checking your IP address, these addons can block access to their content, which means that you’re missing out on a vast media library. A VPN resolves this problem by giving you a virtual IP address associated with a different country. For this purpose, we recommend getting a US IP or a UK IP address – as the majority of Kodi addons are restricted to these two countries.
- Your ISP is Watching Your Every Move: Without a VPN, your ISP collects all your Web data. This includes your Web search history, any websites you visit, and any media streaming services you use. Kodi is a media streaming application, which means that many of you will face ISP-imposed throttling, as a result. By hiding your Web traffic via a VPN service, you can make sure that your ISP doesn’t know what you’re doing online – and enjoy the full speed of your Web connection.
- You’re Putting Your Device’s Safety at Risk: Be very careful about which Kodi addons you install. Third-party sources can often lead to malware and cryptocurrency trojans, exploiting your private data and your device’s resources. With this said, know that VPNs reduce the risk of you getting infected with malware by implementing website blacklists. They don’t completely stop malware, but they can block access to malicious websites by using often-updated lists of dangerous websites (supplied by antivirus vendors). This is especially handy in the world of unofficial Kodi addons.
Once again, be very careful while using Kodi – and think about your privacy and digital security. A reliable VPN helps you secure and improve your Web connection, unblocks everything that Kodi offers, and takes care of your privacy. And per our extensive hands-on tests, we highly recommend you use ExpressVPN – the best VPN for Kodi at the moment.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: For our readers, we’ve prepared an exceptional deal. You can now save 49% on ExpressVPN – and get three additional months for free!
Steps to Install USTVnow on Kodi
USTVnow is available in Kodi’s official repository of addons (which wasn’t always the case). This makes the process of installing the USTVnow Kodi addon as simple and straightforward as possible.
So, here’s what you need to do.
- Of course, the first step is to get your USTVnow subscription. In case you don’t have one, now’s the time to obtain your credentials.
- Launch Kodi and select ‘Add-ons‘ from the left-placed main menu. Then, make sure to select ‘Install from Repository.’
- Now, navigate to ‘Kodi Add-on Repository‘ > ‘Video Add-ons.’ This is where you’ll see all of Kodi’s add-ons currently available, which means that you need to scroll down until you see ‘USTVnow.’ Once you find the addon, click on its name.
- And this moment, you should see an overview of USTVnow for Kodi. To finalize this procedure, click on the ‘Install‘ button, found in the bottom-right corner. You might be asked to confirm the installation of some dependencies, so make sure to agree.
- Kodi will now finalize the procedure on its own. Once done, a notification will appear in the top-right corner. This means you can now return to your ‘Add-ons‘ section and click on the add-on’s icon to launch it.
In case the addon doesn’t launch or it shows the “Details are not in expected format” message, it means that you haven’t supplied your credentials. So, right-click on the add-on’s icon and select ‘Settings.’ Supply your email and password, and save your details. Then, relaunch the add-on.
Fellow Kodi users, that would be all on how to install the USTVnow addon on Kodi. In case you’d like to stay on top of the latest Kodi news, make sure to use the provided link. And of course, you can also check other popular Kodi addons from here.
Finally, we’d like to ask for your feedback – which you can post via the comments section below. And in case you liked this article, why not share it online? Thanks!