Update: Unfortunately, Skynet is no longer among the Kodi addons that we recommend using. Due to technical issues and its inability to find fully-working links, we recommend you avoid using this addon. However, there’s no need to worry as plenty of fully-working alternatives await. You’ll find all the information you need in our central ‘Best Kodi Addons’ article.
As you can see, this article is about one of the most powerful Kodi addons at the moment. It’s called SkyNet and you’ve probably encountered it before. For example, long-time Kodi users think of this addon as the best one there is – and therefore often recommend it. There are many reasons for this where the most important one is the amount of content it offers. We are sure you’ll be more than happy to have it. Without further ado, let’s take a deeper look at the SkyNet Kodi addon.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Everything You Need To Know About SkyNet Kodi Addon in 2019
The easiest way to explain this addon is to say that it brings everything you will possibly need. This is an all-in-one addon for Kodi that brings content supplied by several popular sources. As such, it groups together movies, TV shows, sports programming, live TV, and music. The best thing is – all of these content categories seem to be working without any issues.
Ever since it was released, this addon was contained within a repository called MaverickTV Repo. Aside from the SkyNet Kodi addon, this is where you’ll find other useful options. So, make sure to check it out on your own once you finish the installation procedure.
Before we dive deep into SkyNet, it’s important to read the following segment. If you skip it, there’s no way you’ll be able to finish the installation procedure without errors.
Important Note: Prior to installing the SkyNet addon in 2019, you need to make sure that your Kodi works with third-party addons. You will be surprised to hear that this isn’t the case by default. As a safety measure, you need to visit Kodi’s settings and allow any addon to be installed.
Essentially, what you need to do is to enable ‘Unknown Sources’ on your Kodi. This is a very quick process and we’re sure you’ll manage to do it just fine. Use the provided link for more information.
18 Steps to Install SkyNet Addon on Kodi
After you’ve enabled support for third-party addons, it’s time to proceed with the installation. Here’s our step-by-step guide on how to install the SkyNet Kodi addon.
- First, click on the gear icon (top-left corner) from Kodi’s home screen;
- Next, click on ‘File Manager’;
- On the left side of the screen, locate and click to open ‘Add Source’. A new pop-up should appear;
- Click on ‘<None>’ within the pop-up;
- Now, paste the following URL: http://mavericktv.net/mavrepo. Make sure you’ve properly entered this address and click on ‘OK’;
- Provide a name as well. You can go with ‘Maverick’;
- Finally, hit ‘OK’ to dismiss the pop-up.
You’ve finished the first important part of this process. Now we’ll use the file source you’ve just added to install the MaverickTV Repo. Let’s proceed.
- Go back to Kodi’s Home Screen;
- Now click on ‘Add-ons’ in the main menu (left side of the screen);
- Click on the open box icon (top-left);
- Select ‘Install from ZIP file’;
- Using a newly opened pop-up, you need to open a directory named ‘Maverick’. Inside, you’ll find a file named ‘repostitory.maverickrepo-x.x.zip’. Click on this file;
- A few moments after, MaverickTV Repo will be installed to your Kodi. Once that happens, you will see a top-right positioned notification.
You’re doing great! There are only a few steps left and you’ll have the SkyNet Kodi addon readily available. Let’s finish this procedure.
- Return to Kodi’s home screen and click on ‘Add-ons’;
- Again, click on the open box icon;
- This time, you need to pick ‘Install from Repository’;
- Navigate to MaverickTV Repo. Then, go to Video Add-ons > SkyNet. Open the addon’s overview;
- Finally, click on the ‘Install’ button.
- That’s it. Congratulations!
The newly installed SkyNet Kodi addon will be placed in the Add-ons section of Kodi. Go ahead and try it out. You can also continue reading to learn what to expect from this addon, as well as what are its viable alternatives.
What to Expect from SkyNet Addon?
When you open SkyNet, you will be greeted by thirteen content categories. However, it’s interesting to note that each of these brings an unbelievable amount of content. It’s easy to see why SkyNet is the favorite addon for numerous Kodi users. Let’s take a quick look:
- Supremacy TV Shows is a dedicated category for TV shows. You can review the list by hand, or use the search option. In addition, this is where you’ll find Netflix’s original programming.
- At The Flix is an addon within Skynet. You can use it to watch movies. However, we’ve had a hard time making it work, so you might want to avoid it for now.
- Maverick TV is a whole addon within the SkyNet Kodi addon. It’s identical to the Maverick TV addon, which we wrote about a few days ago. It provides movies, TV shows, IPTV, and more;
- Supremacy is similar to the previous main menu item. A huge amount of content awaits, so it’s best to explore it on your own;
- Skynet Sports is a section dedicated to sports programming. It also serves as a shortcut to the first two categories. This also applies to Skynet IPTV, 4K UHD, Skynet Movies, and TV Boxsets.
- SkyNet New Releases brings a combination of movies and TV shows scraped from different sources on the Web.
- Skynet 24/7 Shows and Movies seems to be broken at the moment. You can feel free to skip it;
- SkyNet IPTV brings a list of live TV channels. Your best bet is to use the Fluxus IPTV option, which lists over 1,500 channels.
- SkyNet 4K UDH/Movies is, strangely, yet another way to check out the latest movies.
- SkyNet TV Boxsets brings several well-known movie franchises. However, it seems to be broken right now.
- Finally, Skynet Jukebox is where you’ll find a large section dedicated to music. There are four sub-categories that contain music files, music videos, live concerts, and more.
- The final item (Skynet Addon Version) simply displays the currently installed version.
Alternative to SkyNet Kodi Addon
Without any doubt, the SkyNet Kodi addon is one of the most capable ones in 2019. However, you probably know that the world of Kodi addons is highly competitive. There are some amazing alternatives out there, and we’d like you to know more about them.
- The biggest competitor to this addon is the Midian addon. It is an all-in-one addon that caters to a broad base of Kodi users. As such, it provides movies, TV shows, music, and everything in between;
- Next, there are some dedicated addons for fans of Hollywood movies. These are Gaia and Atom Reborn. Use the provided links to earn more about each of these;
- Finally, we should forget about sports fans. Take a look at our list of the best live sports Kodi addons.
Have you managed to install the SkyNet Kodi addon? What are your thoughts about it? We sincerely hope that it managed to meet your expectations. If you’re facing certain issues with this addon, let us know in the comments section below. We’re always glad to help.