Update: Unfortunately, Neptune Rising is no longer supported by its developer. This means that even if you find it online in some other repository, we strongly suggest you not to install this addon. Take a look at our overview of the best Kodi addons and try some other alternative.
Addons like Exodus and Covenant have been ruling the Kodi addon world for quite some time now. However, these two addons have certainly had its ups and downs. That’s why Kodi users are always on the lookout for viable alternatives. As you’re about to see, Neptune Rising is probably the best Exodus clone that’s available right now.
Aside from a huge number of movies and TV shows, Neptune Rising stands out from the rest thanks to its user-friendly navigation. There are dozens of ways to find something interesting to watch. And once you do, you’ll get a list of files ready to be streamed in an instant.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
All You Need To Know About Neptune Rising Kodi Addon in 2019
Neptune Rising Kodi Addon does what it promises on paper. With so many available options, it focuses on movies and TV shows. Recently, this addon added some striking changes and updates, which now makes it a better and stable option.
Coming to its new update, it’s making waves for several reasons. One, it has become more functional without adding any complications, and another, it has excluded all the fancy design features that have made this addon a lightweight option. Apparently, it has both the signs of a good Kodi addon.
Neptune Rising Addon is available in several repository options, but at Technadu we found the Blamo repository the most reliable and stable for future installations. For installing this addon, kindly add Blamo Media source to access its repository. Then, extract its repository from the media source through ‘Install from zip file’ option, followed by installing the addon from its repository. We know this sounds confusing, so make sure to check out step-by-step guide.
Below, we’ve given step-by-step instructions for adding Neptune Rising addon to Kodi, but before we go through the procedure, an important note.
Important Note: Kodi by default doesn’t let its users install third-party addons from unknown sources unless they change the setting. To avoid its gating, as a user, you can go to System settings and enable the ‘Unknown Sources’.
It’s a standard procedure and if previously you’ve installed any addons, it’s likely that the option is already enabled. But, if the setting is not enabled, here is our quick guide to enable the third-party installations.
18 Steps to Install Neptune Rising Addon on Kodi
Finally, let’s take a look at how to install Neptune Rising on Kodi in 2019. We will try to explain things in a simple manner so that even inexperienced Kodi users won’t be left out in the dark. Let’s jump right in.
- Launch Kodi on your device and on the left side of your home screen, locate a Gear icon at the top. Click on it.
- On the system spread, go to File Manager.
- You’ll be presented with a mirrored list. Choose Add source from the list by double-clicking on it.
- By doing so, you’ll be presented with an Add file source pop-up with two text fields. Click on the upper highlighted text field that says <None>.
- Input the URL – http://repo.mrblamo.xyz and click on the OK.
- Now, go to the lower text field to name the Media source. Input Blamo and click on OK button to add the source.
- Once the media source is added, go to the home screen and click on Addons on the left menu panel.
- Navigate to the Open package icon at the top left of the screen.
- You’ll be presented with a list menu on the right spread. Select Install from ZIP file.
- Now, you’ll see the ‘Install from Zip file’ pop-up. Click on Blamo from the list.
- Then select repository.blamo-x.x.x.zip.
- Give the zip file some time to install. Wait for a notification message at the top right of the screen.
- Now, on the same screen, locate Install from repository and click on it.
- Select Blamo Repo from the list.
- Now, go to Video Add-ons and finally click on the addon’s name.
- Navigate to the Install button at the bottom right of the screen and click on it.
- Give Neptune Rising some time to install. Wait for a notification at the top right of the screen. After installation, you’ll see a tick mark in front of Neptune Rising.
- To check if Neptune Rising Addon has been installed, or to access it, return to the home screen and select Add-Ons. Now hover over Video addons to find Neptune Rising.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Neptune Rising Kodi addon.
What to Expect from Neptune Rising Addon?
It’s a simple addon with nothing flashy to flaunt, which makes it lightweight and stable. To put it in simple terms, it has a solid base of code. When you enter Neptune Rising, you’re presented with a list consisting several options to explore, including Top Movies. It is a den that has a massive collection of top 100 lists based on various filters.
Without any delay, let’s go through some of the major categories of Neptune Rising Kodi Addon.
- Movies: Like we can expect, this category is a collection of the most popular movies in a single bundle to devour at your free time. If you often get confused about what to watch and what to skip, this category already has enough lists for you to explore.
- TV Shows: Like the previous category, this too has all the most popular TV series under its shade. One can easily discover its content with its curated lists. When we explored this category, it had everything to nail you to your couch, for days.
- Top Movies: This is a massive content category. We all want quality content and what could be a better filter than Imdb’s top 1000 list. Here you’ll see all the top titles, with various other lists, lined up for you, waiting to be streamed. So, if you’ve missed some of the top-titles of Hollywood, you’re here for a treat.
- IMDB User lists: When you visit IMDB, you often discover various lists by its users based on different genres, actors, directors. Here you’d find the best of those lists, so if confusion ever hits you, a click on this category will come to your rescue.
- Critters Corner: This category should be called top 100 as it’s a collection of top-100 lists based on different genres, languages and years. Like everything in this addon, it’s stuffed with quality content.
- What the Fork: This category curates the most trending and popular titles into a single section. It has a separate sub-category for Movies and TV shows and takes us to filters like Anticipated, Trending, Box office and a couple more.
Alternative to Neptune Rising Kodi Addon
Before we conclude this installation guide, we’d like to recommend some viable alternatives for Neptune Rising. There are numerous amazing addons out there, so we’ll save you same time and recommend the best ones.
This is where we end our guide on Neptune Rising 2019. We hope that you managed to install this addon and try it out on your terms. If you’ve any question for us or thoughts that you’d like to share, kindly use our comment section and let us know.