Update: Unfortunately, Neptune Rising is no longer supported by its developer. This means that even if you find it online in some other repository, we strongly suggest you not to install this addon. Take a look at our overview of the best addons and try some other alternative.
Addons like Exodus and Covenant have been ruling the Kodi addon world for quite some time now. However, these two addons have certainly had its ups and downs. That’s why Kodi users are always on the lookout for viable alternatives. As you’re about to see, Neptune Rising is probably the best Exodus clone that’s available right now.
Aside from a huge number of movies and TV shows, Neptune Rising stands out from the rest thanks to its user-friendly navigation. There are dozens of ways to find something interesting to watch. And once you do, you’ll get a list of files ready to be streamed in an instant.
Disclaimer: We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
WARNING: Before You Continue…
Even without your explicit consent, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is collecting and filtering your Web browser data. This means that using Kodi to stream copyrighted content might get you into legal trouble. Also, your ISP might block access to specific streams, which leads to Kodi errors, or entirely blocked and throttled streaming. This is why users of Kodi should always use a VPN to make sure their identity and privacy are protected while streaming.
TechNadu’s editorial team uses and strongly recommends ExpressVPN. This is, by far, the fastest and most reliable VPN with the power to unblock any website and service. Once activated, ExpressVPN encrypts your Web traffic and makes it anonymous – keeping it away from your ISP’s prying eyes. In fact, you will become invisible on the Web since your user logs, and your traffic history isn’t stored on any server.
Make sure your Web browsing and streaming aren’t used against you. Subscribe to ExpressVPN and enjoy using Kodi without any restrictions!
Neptune Rising Kodi Addon: The Basics
Neptune Rising Kodi Addon does what it promises on paper. With so many available options, it focuses on movies and TV shows. Recently, this addon added some striking changes and updates, which now makes it a better and stable option.
Coming to its new update, it’s making waves for several reasons. One, it has become more functional without adding any complications, and another, it has excluded all the fancy design features that have made this addon a lightweight option. Apparently, it has both the signs of a good Kodi addon.
How to Install the Neptune Rising Kodi Addon?
Neptune Rising Addon is available in several repository options, but at Technadu we found the Blamo repository the most reliable and stable for future installations. For installing this addon, kindly add Blamo Media source to access its repository. Then, extract its repository from the media source through ‘Install from zip file’ option, followed by installing the addon from its repository. We know this sounds confusing, so make sure to check out step-by-step guide.
Below, we’ve given step-by-step instructions for adding Neptune Rising addon to Kodi, but before we go through the procedure, an important note.
Kodi by default doesn’t let its users install third-party addons from unknown sources unless they change the setting. To avoid its gating, as a user, you can go to System settings and enable the ‘Unknown Sources’.
It’s a standard procedure and if previously you’ve installed any addons, it’s likely that the option is already enabled. But, if the setting is not enabled, here is our quick guide to enable the third-party installations.
Finally, let’s take a look at how to install Neptune Rising on Kodi. We will try to explain things in a simple manner so that even inexperienced Kodi users won’t be left out in the dark. Let’s jump right in.
- Launch Kodi on your device and on the left side of your home screen, locate a Gear icon at the top. Click on it.
- On the system spread, go to File Manager.
- You’ll be presented with a mirrored list. Choose Add source from the list by double-clicking on it.
- By doing so, you’ll be presented with an Add file source pop-up with two text fields. Click on the upper highlighted text field that says <None>.
- Input the URL – http://repo.mrblamo.xyz and click on the OK.
- Now, go to the lower text field to name the Media source. Input Blamo and click on OK button to add the source.
- Once the media source is added, go to the home screen and click on Addons on the left menu panel.
- Navigate to the Open package icon at the top left of the screen.
- You’ll be presented with a list menu on the right spread. Select Install from ZIP file.
- Now, you’ll see the ‘Install from Zip file’ pop-up. Click on Blamo from the list.
- Then select repository.blamo-x.x.x.zip.
- Give the zip file some time to install. Wait for a notification message at the top right of the screen.
- Now, on the same screen, locate Install from repository and click on it.
- Select Blamo Repo from the list.
- Now, go to Video Add-ons and finally click on the addon’s name.
- Navigate to the Install button at the bottom right of the screen and click on it.
- Give Neptune Rising some time to install. Wait for a notification at the top right of the screen. After installation, you’ll see a tick mark in front of Neptune Rising.
- To check if Neptune Rising Addon has been installed, or to access it, return to the home screen and select Add-Ons. Now hover over Video addons to find Neptune Rising.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Neptune Rising Kodi addon.
Neptune Rising Kodi Addon: What to Expect?
It’s a simple addon with nothing flashy to flaunt, which makes it lightweight and stable. To put it in simple terms, it has a solid base of code. When you enter Neptune Rising, you’re presented with a list consisting several options to explore, including Top Movies. It is a den that has a massive collection of top 100 lists based on various filters.
Without any delay, let’s go through some of the major categories of Neptune Rising Kodi Addon.
- Movies: Like we can expect, this category is a collection of the most popular movies in a single bundle to devour at your free time. If you often get confused about what to watch and what to skip, this category already has enough lists for you to explore.
- TV Shows: Like the previous category, this too has all the most popular TV series under its shade. One can easily discover its content with its curated lists. When we explored this category, it had everything to nail you to your couch, for days.
- Top Movies: This is a massive content category. We all want quality content and what could be a better filter than Imdb’s top 1000 list. Here you’ll see all the top titles, with various other lists, lined up for you, waiting to be streamed. So, if you’ve missed some of the top-titles of Hollywood, you’re here for a treat.
- IMDB User lists: When you visit IMDB, you often discover various lists by its users based on different genres, actors, directors. Here you’d find the best of those lists, so if confusion ever hits you, a click on this category will come to your rescue.
- Critters Corner: This category should be called top 100 as it’s a collection of top-100 lists based on different genres, languages and years. Like everything in this addon, it’s stuffed with quality content.
- What the Fork: This category curates the most trending and popular titles into a single section. It has a separate sub-category for Movies and TV shows and takes us to filters like Anticipated, Trending, Box office and a couple more.
Additional Resources: What’s Next?
Before we conclude this installation guide, we’d like to recommend some viable alternatives for Neptune Rising. There are numerous amazing addons out there, so we’ll save you same time and recommend the best ones.
- Atom Reborn is a functional addon which is also lightweight and gorgeous. It lets you stream most of the premium movies and TV shows for free.
- Covenant Kodi addon has a massive collection of streaming content that justifies its size. It packs some of the most popular content categories and at the same time, is an eye candy.
- Midian Kodi addon is a recently updated addon brings several useful things on a single platform by combining different content groups.
This is where we end our guide on Neptune Rising. We hope that you managed to install this addon and try it out on your terms. If you’ve any question for us or thoughts that you’d like to share, kindly use our comment section and let us know.
If you found this installation guide useful, share it with your friends, because everything that’s worth sharing must be shared.