Update: In a surprising turn of events, the OneNation repo has been shut down, which seems to be a permanent development. In other words, the Lobo build is no longer available. However, there are plenty of interesting alternatives to check. So, make sure to read our article on the best Kodi builds right now.
Finding a fully working Kodi build that you can rely on in the long-term is no easy feat. That’s why we’re always trying to stay on top of the latest Kodi builds and track their performance over time. With this said, we think you’re going to love what the Lobo Kodi build offers, as this one has been one of the most popular Kodi builds for a while now. It comes with plenty of different types of content and more importantly – it comes with regular updates as well. So, let’s see how to install the Lobo Kodi build using the latest available repository.
Before we proceed, you need to know one important thing. This guide will show you how to install the One Nation Portal addon, which is needed to install Lobo as well. However, One Nation Portal comes with dozens of different builds, both for Kodi 17.6 and the latest available version – Kodi 18.4. Therefore, we strongly recommend checking this addon when you have some time and seeing what else you can find there. Of course, the Lobo Kodi build is one of the best builds offered here – but don’t let that stop you from finding the next best thing.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
10 Steps to Install the Lobo Kodi Build in 2019
Finally, we’re ready to dive into our step-by-step guide on how to install the Lobo build. You should know that Lobo is compatible with Kodi 17.6 and older versions – and it’s quite lightweight. This means that it’s perfect for media streaming devices, as we’re sure that many of you aren’t yet ready to update to Kodi 18 Leia. So, let’s jump right in.
- First, you need to enable ‘Unknown Sources’ on your Kodi – since we’ll be installing an unofficial addon in this case. Click on the provided link to learn how that’s done, and then continue reading this installation guide.
- Now, return to Kodi’s home screen and go to its settings (by clicking on the cogwheel icon in the top-left corner). Then, select ‘File Manager’ and finally, double-click on ‘Add Source’.
- At this moment, a pop-up should appear on your screen. Click on ‘<None>’ and you’ll be asked to insert a URL. So, use the following URL: http://www.onenation.info/Repo/ and make sure to type it in correctly (it’s case-sensitive). Then, provide a name for this repo (you can go with ‘OneNation’). Once done, click ‘OK’ and the pop-up should disappear.
- Go back to Kodi’s home screen and open ‘Add-ons’. In the top-left corner, click on the open box icon and then select ‘Install from ZIP file’.
- Navigate to the file source you’ve just added. More precisely, go to ‘OneNation’ and you’ll see a single ZIP file there, named ‘repository.onenation-x.x.x.zip’. Click on the file to install the OneNation Repo.
- Next, select ‘Install from Repository’ and go to OneNation Repo > Program Add-ons > One Nation Portal. Click on the addon’s name and use the ‘Install’ button. Once done, you’ll see several notifications on your screen, but you can dismiss those.
- Again, return to Kodi’s home screen and go to Add-ons > Program Add-ons > One Nation Portal. Then click on ‘Builds’ and you’ll see a sizeable list of Kodi builds that you can install. As you can guess, click on ‘Lobo’ to install the Lobo Kodi build.
- We highly recommend you pick the ‘Fresh Install’ option, which will reset your Kodi to its default values and install the build from scratch. So, confirm your decision and the Lobo Kodi build will now start to download.
- Wait for the build to download and it’ll then extract and install the requires files. Once done, make sure to restart Kodi by clicking on ‘Force Quit’.
- The next time you open Kodi, the Lobo build should automatically initialize. That’s it – enjoy using your new build!
Dear readers, that would be all on how to install the Lobo Kodi build. In the end, we’d like to ask you to share this article online. And also, make sure to stay on top of the latest Kodi news by following TechNadu on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!