Team Kodi on August 22th launched a new Kodi 17.4 RC1 (Release Candidate One) with several issues being fixed that the users have faced while using Kodi 17.3.
If you are new to Kodi, then you must learn what is Kodi and why it is used? This guide will let you know everything about Kodi.
Kodi 17.4 RC1 isn’t the final version of the Kodi 17.4 because the team has let out these fixes to all of its users to test out whether the bugs faced in the previous version of Kodi are completely resolved or not. If you still find those errors persists in this current build too entry your queries on the comment section below. Below is the list of fixes done on this Kodi 17.4 RC1 version.Note: Enjoy secure 24/7 access to live sports, TV shows, and movies on your device from anywhere in the world using an IPVanish. IPVanish prevents your stream from being throttled. Because, your ISP regularly monitors and throttles high bandwidth applications, including Kodi. IPVanish stops these unwanted interruptions in their tracks. Without a VPN, all your Kodi traffic is visible to your ISP and other third parties. Run a VPN on your device and get protected.
Bug Fixes done in Kodi 17.4
- Potentially fix crashing on Windows due to an issue in Python
- Potentially fix crashing on Windows when enabling zeroconf
- Fix sporadic crash on Windows when installing or updating add-ons
- Fix issue for users with reverse proxies attempting to forward websockets.
- Fix possible issue if Linux distro uses system ffmpeg and cause black screen with 10-bit H.265
- Properly throttle scraping music information online to prevent overloading the provider
- Fix native keyboard on iOS 11
- Fix potential crash on Android O loading App icons
- Fix non showing Kodi banner on Android O
- Fix potential crash on Android with certain keymaps
- Fix wrong detection of VP6 and VP8 videocodec on Android
- Update FFmpeg to 3.1.9
- Set hard requirement to use FFmpeg 3.1.x only
- Fix for Hangup when viewing recording and pressing next/previous
- Fix merged scraped album type and label correctly with that derived from tags from music files
- Fix possible crash on Linux when using ALSA
- Save skin settings immediatly after they have changed instead of only on shutdown
How to Update Kodi 17.4 RC1
Before we proceed with the update please note that this version V17.4 RC1 doesn’t have new features but it only brings more stability and uninterrupted access.
Now, Download Kodi 17.4 RC1 on Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, Raspberry Pi, iOS and other by visiting the official download page.
Simply head over to the respective platform devices and download the latest version of Kodi. It is very easy, right?
But what if you haven’t installed them properly on your device? It may result in an error or it may not work.
To avoid such circumstances, please follow the below link to install Kodi 17.4 on your device.
Note: Before you begin installation Clean or Wipe Kodi Previous version completely else proceed by installing it on the top without loosing the data. If you find the current version to be causing the problem then roll back to any older versions.
Feel free to comment below if you are still facing the issues and bugs from the previous version.
Limited Time 17% Offer on IPVanish.
- Access Censored Kodi Add-Ons
- Encrypt and Anonymise your traffic
- 40,000+ shared IPS, 750+ VPN servers in 60+ countries
- Prevent ISP throttling
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- 24/7 customer support
- 7 day money back guarantee