If you know a bit about the current political situation in Europe, you know that Switzerland has a very important role in this continent’s development (as well as in the rest of the world). Even though this country is considered to be one of the most open and censorship-free countries in the world, there still are certain restrictions in its digital realm. Those of you traveling outside of this country know that banking portals are inaccessible if you don’t have a Swiss IP address. And the same applies to numerous local websites, including media streaming services. So, how to get a Swiss IP address in 2019? What is the best possible solution for this job? Join us and find out!
Just like in the rest of our articles, we like to expand our primary topic a bit. So, let’s check out some of the most recent developments happening in this country. First and foremost, Switzerland currently holds a very positive ranking by the Freedom House, which praises this country’s political system. However, let’s not forget about the recently introduced Intelligence Service Act, which grants the government new surveillance options, including Web data logging. Well, you need to know that the only way to remain safe on the Web (and to safeguard your private data) is by using a VPN application.
Let’s also take a quick detour to remind you of some critical events. Just recently, a Swiss data center suffered an incident when China Telecom started rerouting Web traffic for a brief period of time. Then, there’s a highly dangerous Retefe banking trojan that targets users in Switzerland and Germany. And also, Swisscom suffered a major data breach last year, exposing 800,000 of its customers. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to be worried about – and that’s why we recommend using a VPN to get a Swiss IP address in 2019.
Okay, let’s get to the point. Here’s how to get a Swiss IP address in 3 steps:
- First, you need to find a VPN. We’re here to help with that, and we’ll recommend several reliable options (with ExpressVPN coming first).
- After you get a VPN subscription, you can install the chosen VPN application on your device.
- Then, use that VPN to connect to a Swiss server. That’s it – you’ll get a new Swiss IP address each time you connect to a server in Switzerland.
Step 1 – Find a VPN Service Provider
You’re now facing a very important decision – which VPN to choose? Here are three excellent recommendations, so go ahead and check them out.
|Visit Site|| |
ExpressVPN is our first recommendation, considering the overall value it brings for its price. We’ve tested and reviewed close to every popular VPN out there, and ExpressVPN rightfully takes the first place. First and foremost, it keeps you 100% safe on the Web via its encryption and a solid offer of VPN protocols. Aside from website unblocking, this VPN also comes with fast performance – making it suitable for media streaming. And let’s not forget to say that you can count on a constant stream of updates and new features. To learn more, read our ExpressVPN review.
2. CyberGhost VPN
Our second recommendation would be CyberGhost. This Romanian-based VPN quickly managed to attract millions of users worldwide, and we can easily see why. It comes with yearly major updates to its features and UI – and brings a very user-centric design. CyberGhost collects no personal information, comes with competitive pricing, and you can use it for website unblocking and P2P file downloading. Also, it has 120+ servers in Switzerland (in Zurich and Hunenberg), all of which provide speedy performance. We have our hands-on review of CyberGhost if you want additional information.
Our final recommendation would be NordVPN, a Panama-based VPN. Even though it comes with a simple UI, it also comes with some pretty high-end features. At the moment, it has close to 110 servers in Switzerland. Each of those supports P2P traffic, Onion-over-VPN, and you can use them in combination with some other servers. Differently said, you can use NordVPN to route your Web traffic via two secure servers, giving you a double layer of encryption. If you want to know how precisely this works, here’s our NordVPN review.
Step 2 – Get Your VPN Subscription
You can see that our first recommendation is ExpressVPN. Therefore, we’ll use this VPN to guide you through the rest of this process.
- Next, you need to sign-up for ExpressVPN. Clicking on the provided link will take you to this VPN’s landing page. This is where you can check additional information, so click on any of the prominent red buttons there to proceed.
- Now you need to pick a subscription plan. If you want online security in the long run, we recommend getting this VPN’s annual plan. It saves you 49% off its regular price and even includes three additional months of use.
- Input the required information and pay for the subscription. Once done, a welcome email message will await you in your inbox.
Step 3 – Use ExpressVPN to Get a Swiss IP Address
Lastly, you need to download and install ExpressVPN. By using its UI, you can easily get a Swiss IP address – and here’s how.
- Return to ExpressVPN’s website and log-in to your user account.
- Now, download the application to your device and install it. While you’re there, make sure to copy the activation code, as you’ll need it to log-in to the application.
- Next, install ExpressVPN on your device and launch the application once done.
- Log-in by pasting your activation code, which will then open this application’s home screen.
- All there’s left is to connect to any server located in Switzerland. Once you do that, your Web connection will be secured, and you’ll get your Swiss IP address.
Dear readers, this is where we end our article. If you have any questions regarding how to get a Swiss IP address, make sure to let us know – you can use the comments section below. And finally, make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!