You’ve probably already faced numerous roadblocks on the Web, which especially applies to smaller countries such as Lithuania. Plenty of websites that come from this country are strictly limited to its borders, even in the online realm. To only way to access those sites is by getting a Lithuanian IP address. But, how can this be done? What’s the best and the most effective way to get a Lithuanian IP address today? Well, you’ve come to the right place – and we’ll soon tell you all there is to know.
First, let’s spend a moment to talk about why would someone need a Lithuanian IP address. In many cases, this is needed to unblock websites accessible from this county only. If you’re traveling abroad or if you’re moved to a different country, we understand that you might be feeling homesick. So, you might want to check the latest news on LRT or watch your country’s national TV live. Or more importantly, you want to access your bank account, which can be only done within Lithuanian borders. Well, all of these are valid reasons to use a VPN application, connect to a server back home, and get a Lithuanian IP address.
The biggest question here is – which VPN should you use? As you can expect, not every VPN will do the job, and you need one with plenty of servers in Lithuania. And if you want to stream media, you need a solution that won’t affect the speed of your Web connection. That’s why we’re here to help. After testing dozens of VPNs, we can give a few suggestions that will be worth your time. So, let’s start, shall we?
You can get a Lithuanian IP address in the following 3 steps:
- Make sure to find a reliable VPN first. There are plenty of options out there, but we’ll keep our list of recommendations short. We have 3 options for you, with ExpressVPN rightfully taking the first place.
- Then, you need to get a VPN subscription. These are premium-priced applications, and we’ll make sure that you’re investing your money wisely. Don’t worry, VPNs have become very affordable in the last few years.
- Lastly, download and install the VPN. Then, you can use it to get a Lithuanian IP address by connecting to any server located in this country. We’ll provide step-by-step instructions, so make sure to read this entire article.
Step 1 – Find a VPN Service Provider
First, you need to consider which VPN you’ll pick. This is the most important decision in this process, so make sure to pick the one that suits your needs in the best way possible. With this said, we’ll begin our list with ExpressVPN – and here’s why.
|Visit Site|| |
We strongly feel that our first recommendation, ExpressVPN, will satisfy the needs of the majority of our readers. This is a long-standing VPN service that comes with an impeccable reputation. With over 3,000 servers spread across the globe (with servers in Lithuania, of course), you’ll get access to various corners of the Web. And most importantly, you’ll get high-end security and privacy protection.
ExpressVPN can be used to secure your Web connection, make sure no one tracks your online whereabouts, unblock websites, download torrents, and anything in between. As you can see in our ExpressVPN review, it also comes with a stellar performance, barely affecting the speed of your Web connection. And with no previous data leaks or any kinds of indiscretions in the past, this is by far the best VPN solution you’ll find today.
2. CyberGhost VPN
When searching for reliable VPNs, you’ll see CyberGhost often appearing on those lists. That’s because this VPN has a reputation for being user-friendly and packed with great features. This is also an ever-evolving VPN service, with plenty to offer. Website unblocking, downloading P2P files, securing your Web connection – and the list of CyberGhost’s capabilities doesn’t stop there. Also, it has 3,750+ servers and 19 of those are in Lithuania.
We do have to note, though, that you won’t be getting the fastest servers out there. Just like the majority of VPNs, this one will throttle your Web connection up to a certain extent. If you have a fast Web connection and you don’t care about performance (if you don’t plan to stream media, for example), don’t forget to learn more about this option in our review of CyberGhost.
We have one more recommendation for you. PureVPN is a Hong Kong-based VPN with a long history of unblocking even the toughest of networks. It comes with so many high-end features that it would take a while to list all of them. However, we’ll mention that it has a kill-switch, split-tunneling support, 5 multi logins, and you can use it on a wide range of devices.
Before you make up your mind, make sure to read our PureVPN review. That’s because we’ve found that this VPN collects certain types of information. So, this might not be the best pick if you want to be 100% anonymous online (ExpressVPN does offer just that, though). If total anonymity isn’t your goal and you simply want to get a Lithuanian IP to unblock websites, you can freely consider this option.
Step 2 – Get Your VPN Subscription
By now, you should have made up your mind. If you’re in doubt, let’s just say that ExpressVPN will meet your every need, and beyond that. So, let’s use this VPN as an example of how to subscribe.
- So, you want to subscribe to ExpressVPN. Click on the provided link and a new page will open where you can initialize the procedure.
- Once you click on any of the prominent red buttons on the landing page, you’ll get to review the available plans. There are 3 options, with the annual plan being the most affordable in the long-term. To add value to its offer, ExpressVPN is offering 3 additional months included in the annual subscription. So, go ahead and check your options – and finally, click on the subscription plan you like the most.
- Now, provide your email address and select a payment method. You’ll need to enter your payment options before you can sign-up, so make sure to fill out the payment form. Once done, you’ll get a confirmation email, so check your inbox.
Step 3 – Activate ExpressVPN & Get a Lithuanian IP Address
Finally, you can install ExpressVPN on your computer. And we’ll show you how to use it to get a unique Lithuanian IP address, every time you need one.
- Access your user account on the ExpressVPN’s website;
- Now, download the application. While you’re doing this, make sure to copy the activation code you’ll see on your user account dashboard, as you’ll need it soon enough.
- Install and then launch ExpressVPN. Go through the initial set-up and paste your activation code to activate this application.
- Lastly, find a server located in Lithuania and connect to it. Once ExpressVPN makes this connection, you’ll get a Lithuanian IP address automatically. And that’s it!
Thanks for being with us until the end of this article. If there’s anything else you’d like to know on getting a Lithuanian IP address, make sure to let us know. Also, don’t forget that you can subscribe to our socials on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!