Luckily for its citizens, Finland doesn’t belong to a group of countries with endangered personal freedoms. In fact, this country ranks high when it comes to freedom of speech. As per the latest report by Freedom House, Finland guarantees freedoms of speech, religion, and association. As per The Economist’s Democracy Index, this is one of the leading European countries when it comes to civil liberties. However, this doesn’t mean that you don’t need a VPN for Finland. In fact, there are many reasons why people want to know how to get a Finnish IP address. And we’re here to answer those questions.
One of the obvious reasons why you need a Finland IP is to access websites restricted to this country only. For example, we’re talking about unblocking Katsomo, which can be useful if you’re currently outside of your home country. However, a reliable VPN will also help you hide your online activity, encrypt your Web data, and ultimately – make your sensitive data as private as it can be on the Web.
So, here’s how to get a Finnish IP address in 3 easy steps.
- First, you need to know which VPN to choose. We’ll give you some on-point suggestions, starting with ExpressVPN – the best tool for this job.
- The second step is to get your VPN subscription. By signing up, you’ll get to download and install the chosen VPN on any platform you typically use.
- And finally, you’ll need to connect to a server found in Finland. Once you do that, you’ll receive a Finnish IP address and protect all your incoming and outgoing data.
Step 1 – Find a Perfect VPN Service
It’s easy to get confused when you set out to find a VPN service. That’s because there are so many different options out there. So, we’ll try to simplify this process by giving some on-point recommendations, based on our own experience. Here are the 3 best VPNs for getting a Finland IP right now.
The first choice you have is ExpressVPN. With over 3,000 servers across the world, this VPN will most certainly meet your every need. After having tested dozens of different options, this one comes first. ExpressVPN has a range of secure VPN protocols, highly polished applications, and it’s present on a huge range of devices.
As you can imagine, ExpresVPN gives you an easy way to get a Finnish IP address. It can also help you unblock a wide range of websites, including media streaming services. To dive deeper into various aspects of this VPN, don’t forget to read our ExpressVPN review.
Next, we have an ever-evolving VPN named CyberGhost VPN. Based in Romania, this VPN is among the best known in the world. It has a huge range of servers, including close to 50 units in Finland alone. You can use it on up to 7 devices at the same time, unblock websites, and even download torrents in a secure way.
If you read our CyberGhost VPN review carefully, you’ll see that we’re quite fond of this option. However, you should also know that it’s not the fastest option on the market. Still, this can be seen as a favorable compromise as you’ll get the best possible protection for your data.
The final option when it comes to getting a Finnish IP address is NordVPN. This hugely popular VPN service is known for many interesting things. It comes with more than 5,000 servers, 40 of which are located in Finland. Also, it provides highly polished VPN applications that you can install on pretty much any popular platform.
Interestingly enough, NordVPN offers a number of high-end features as well. There’s the double routing of your traffic (via two secure VPN servers at once), onion-over-VPN, and more. To see how all of these features can be used, here’s our NordVPN review.
Step 2 – Get Your VPN Subscription
Next, you need to obtain a VPN subscription before we can proceed to the final step. You already know that our first choice is ExpressVPN, so we’ll use it as an example of this procedure.
- If you want to sign-up for ExpressVPN, make sure to use the provided link. It will take you to this VPN’s website, where you can initialize the sign-up process.
- Click on the prominent ‘Get the #1 Rated VPN’ button, at the top of the page. Then, choose a suitable subscription plan. While you’re here, we’ll tell you that you’re free to choose a long-term plan, as it comes with no risks at all.
- And finally, fill out the required information and pay for the VPN. Once you do that, you’ll receive a welcome email message, so you can now proceed to the final step.
Step 3 – Finally, Get a Finnish IP Address!
Let’s walk you through the rest of this process. Don’t worry, you’re only a few steps away from getting your Finnish IP address. Here’s how you can do that.
- Return to ExpressVPN’s website and log-in to your account. You can do that by clicking on the ‘My Account’ tab at the top of the page.
- Once you log-in, download ExpressVPN based on your preferred platform. And while you’re there, make sure to copy the activation code as you’ll need it soon enough.
- When you download the installation file, open it. Then, ExpressVPN will guide you through the rest of the setup procedure. Once done, open the VPN, paste the activation code you’ve copied moments ago, and log-in.
- Finally, get your Finnish IP address. Click on the ‘three dots’ button and then select ‘Finland’ from the list of servers. That’s it!
So, have you managed to get a Finnish IP address? Let us know in the comments section below. And if you liked this article, make sure to share it online – and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thank you!