Featuring popular movies and TV shows, Genesis Reborn provides access to a wealth of high-quality streaming options (often with over 40 different streams, and even supporting 4k streams). At the center of the experience is a rich, directory-based interface that’s populated with detailed information about each movie and TV show episode.
By reading this article, you will learn how to install the Genesis Reborn Kodi addon. There’s also an inside peek of Genesis Reborn, to show you what can expect once you have it up and running. Without any further ado, let’s jump right in.
Disclaimer: The following software is designed for Kodi – which is an open-based software on its own. However, this software isn’t maintained by Kodi and doesn’t come through Kodi’s official channels. Still, this software is publicly available and free of charge. Therefore, we don’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to use it. Furthermore, TechNadu doesn’t condone acts such as piracy or copyright infringement. Please note that we are not affiliated with the following software in any way. Please, carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
WARNING: Before You Continue…
Even without your explicit consent, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is collecting and filtering your Web browser data. This means that using Kodi to stream copyrighted content might get you into legal trouble. Also, your ISP might block access to specific streams, which leads to Kodi errors, or entirely blocked and throttled streaming. This is why users of Kodi should always use a VPN to make sure their identity and privacy are protected while streaming.
TechNadu’s editorial team uses and strongly recommends ExpressVPN. This is, by far, the fastest and most reliable VPN with the power to unblock any website and service. Once activated, ExpressVPN encrypts your Web traffic and makes it anonymous – keeping it away from your ISP’s prying eyes. In fact, you will become invisible on the Web since your user logs, and your traffic history isn’t stored on any server.
Make sure your Web browsing and streaming aren’t used against you. Subscribe to ExpressVPN and enjoy using Kodi without any restrictions!
Genesis Reborn Kodi Addon: The Basics
Kodi addon repositories are online sources of files that you can install to extend the functionality of this application. You can access these addons and install them directly through the Kodi interface: no need to fiddle around with downloading and extracting files into different directories. Being that these online repositories are typically maintained by the community, and given the rapidly changing nature of addon development, repositories can be unpredictable. It is, however, the most convenient method of installation and the only way that we recommend you enjoy Genesis Reborn.
The best way to install Genesis Reborn is through the Jesusbox repository. It contains the most up-to-date version of this add-on, and it’s a well-maintained repository. We don’t recommend other methods of installation due to the complexity. Advanced users are welcome to use other methods if they find that the Jesusbox repository doesn’t suit their needs.
How to Install the Genesis Reborn Kodi Addon?
Essentially, there are two things you need to do to enjoy the Genesis Reborn add-on. First, you need to tell Kodi where to find the add-on. This is the first step, known as installing the repository. Second, once Kodi knows where to find the add-on, you need to actually install it.
Before diving any deeper, we need to make sure that your Kodi accepts third-party addons. To do this, you need to visit Kodi’s Settings and make a few simple adjustments. Don’t worry, we are here to help.
Make sure to read our guide on how to enable unknown sources on Kodi. This is where you’ll find all of the needed information, so please use the provided link. Then, keep reading this article.
Let’s begin by installing the Jesusbox Repository, and then we’ll use that repository to install Genesis Reborn
- Open Kodi and get to the System Settings screen by clicking on the gear icon on the top-left of the screen.
- Access the File Manager by clicking on the Folder Icon.
- Click on the ‘Add source’ option.
- Click on <None> in the ‘Add file source’ dialog. We’ll be entering a custom location next.
- Type in the following web address exactly as http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo, then press Enter or click on the OK button.
- The Jesusbox Repository is now added as a source of files in Kodi. You’re now in the ‘Edit file source’ dialog box. Look at the bottom of the field that says, ‘Enter a name for this media source.’ Type in a recognizable name for the repo, such as ‘Jesus Box Repo’. Click on the OK button below the field.
- You’ll be taken back to the File Manager screen. To confirm that your changes have been saved, you should see a folder representing the repository you just added. It’ll be named whatever you just entered in the previous step (i.e. ‘Jesus Box Repo’).
- Go back to the Kodi Home Screen by pressing Escape on your keyboard until you reach the home screen.
- Click on the ‘Add-Ons’ menu option on the left.
- On the top-left of the Add-ons screen, click on the Package icon (it looks like an opened box) to reach the Add-ons Browser screen.
- Click on the ‘Install from zip file’ option on the Add-on Browser screen.
- The dialog box appears. Find and click on the ‘Jesus Box Repo’ option to connect to the Jesus Box Repository.
- Click on the repository zip file. In this case, it’s repository.jesusboxtv-x.x.x.zip.
- Once you click on it, you’ll be brought back to the Add-on Browser screen. A notification will slide in from the top-right informing you that the Jesusbox add-on was successfully installed.
- Next, click on ‘Install from repository’ in the Add-on browser screen.
- Click on Jesusbox Repository in the ‘Install from repository’ screen.
- Click on ‘Video add-ons’ in the Jesusbox Repository screen.
- Find and click on Genesis Reborn in the ‘Video add-ons’ screen.
- Find and click on the ‘Install’ button.
- Allow the installation to run. You’ll get several notifications in the top-right about the add-ons that are being installed. Once it’s done, you’ll see a checkmark next to the Genesis Reborn selection.
Now you’ve successfully installed the Genesis Reborn Kodi Add-on! You can find the Add-on with all of your other Video addons.
Genesis Reborn Kodi Addon: What to Expect?
Now that you’ve installed Genesis Reborn, you can see it alongside all of your other video add-ons. For many Kodi users, that means that it’s conveniently on the home screen. Next, let’s take a look at the different options present on the addon’s home screen.
- Genesis Reborn Movies & TV Shows: The two main categories come with a huge library of movies and TV shows. There are many ways to browse what’s on offer by going into sub-categories. When you find something you’d like to stream, Genesis Reborn will scrape the Web for available sources and offer links to different sources.
- My Genesis Reborn Movies & TV Shows: To make use of the ‘My Genesis Reborn’ TV Shows and Movies sections, you’ll need to connect your Trakt.tv account and IMDb account, both of which have lists of media you want to track. To add these integrations, go to the Genesis Reborn main menu. Then enter the Genesis Reborn Tools menu followed by the SETTINGS: Accounts menu. There you’ll see an option to enter user information for a range of services, including IMDb, Trakt, and TMDb.
- Genesis Reborn New Movies & TV Shows: If you’re looking for only the latest movies and TV shows, then you’ll want to head straight into the Genesis Reborn New Movies section. Movies released in the current and previous year are located in this section.
- Genesis Reborn Channels: If you’re looking for a more relaxed channel-surfing style experience, the Channels Section is for you. There’s a small selection of movie channels as you can see. It’s a great way to relax and check out movies that you might not have thought to look for. You can see that there are a few channels that focus on a particular genre, such as action, crime, and sci-fi. Other channels that don’t have a genre-focus typically show recent popular movies.
- Genesis Reborn Tools: If you want to add subtitles or exclude certain sources from being indexed, this is where you’ll find those options. We highly recommend visiting this part of the addon to make sure you’re using it in the way that fits your needs.
- Genesis Reborn Search Menu: Finally, there is an option to lets you search for titles across the entire addon.
Kodi and its addon community have come a very long way from its roots back when Kodi was called XBMC. Now, with community-maintained repositories and continued interest in addon development, Genesis Reborn opens up an ocean of popular content for its users.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to post a comment below. Also, we would like to ask you to share this article online, especially with other Kodi users. Thank you!