It’s true that there are hundreds of VPNs in today’s oversaturated market. Therefore, we can’t really blame you if you’re feeling confused and overwhelmed. However, all you need is someone to guide you, especially if you’ve narrowed down your search. After reviewing dozens of top-rated VPNs so far, trust us that we know a thing or two about today’s VPNs. With this said, we’d like to wish you a warm welcome to our ExpressVPN vs Ivacy VPN comparison!
First, let’s give you a brief overview of these VPNs. While searching online for the best VPN, you’ll probably encounter ExpressVPN on every single of those lists. This isn’t surprising because we’re talking here about one of the most capable and user-friendly VPNs right now. As you can see from our ExpressVPN review, even though it’s not the most affordable option on the market, it’s well worth its price. Then, there’s Ivacy as well – which is often found on various lists of the best VPNs for specific uses. Our Ivacy VPN review will tell you that there are many benefits to using this VPN. However, there are also a few quirks that you need to know about. Don’t worry, we’ll tell you about these soon enough.
Before we get started, let’s first compare the basic facts about these two VPN services. With this said, make sure to pay attention to the following table.
|Jurisdiction||The British Virgin Islands||Singapore|
|Logs||No logs collected.||No logs collected.|
|Number of Servers||3,000+ servers in 90+ countries.||1,000+ servers in 50+ countries.|
|Encryption Standards||AES-256; OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec.||AES-256; OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, IKEv2.|
|Speed Reduction||19% on average.||49% on average.|
|Supported Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Web browsers, and routers.||Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Web browsers, and routers.|
Next, we’ll give you another highlight of these two VPNs. The following table lists the scores of individuals aspects of ExpressVPN and Ivacy. As such, it provides a glimpse into the strong and weak sides of these VPN services.
|Ease of Use||10/10||7/10|
|Security & Privacy||10/10||10/10|
|Speed & Performance||9/10||5.5/10|
Dear readers, that would be all for our introductory segment. If you join us for our full ExpressVPN vs Ivacy comparison, you’ll learn all there’s to know about these VPNs. More importantly, you’ll get to easily decide which of these is better suited to your needs.
ExpressVPN vs Ivacy – Which One’s Better?
We won’t stray away from our usual structure. This article will compare various aspects of ExpressVPN and Ivacy, one by one. This way, we’ll come to a conclusion about which one’s better for different uses, helping you find the perfect pick.
Background, Jurisdiction & Reputation
We’ll start with the basics, by checking background info about these VPNs. More precisely, let’s see where they come from, and what that means for you if you decide to subscribe.
- ExpressVPN: You might be surprised to know that ExpressVPN comes from the British Virgin Islands. Sounds very exotic, right? Well, this VPN has chosen where to base its operations very carefully. This country has no data retention laws, and it’s outside of the 14 Eyes Alliance. In addition, ExpressVPN is a verified no-logs VPN, which means that it collects zero user data.
- Ivacy: Then, we have Ivacy, which is a Singapore-based VPN. At first, there’s nothing worrying about this. However, this country is an ally to the 14 Eyes Alliance. Still, it’s also worth noting that there are no reports of this VPN collecting sensitive data, and it’s been on the market for a long time now.
Winner: It’s safe to say that both of these are trustworthy VPN services. However, we do like the fact that ExpressVPN has proven that it collects no data, which gives it a competitive advantage here.
Supported Platforms & Devices
We’re sure that you’ll want a VPN that’s present on plenty of devices. So, make sure to read this segment carefully, while thinking about all the devices and platforms that you’re going to use.
- ExpressVPN: One of the strongest selling points of this VPN is its platform compatibility. You can use it on pretty much any desktop and mobile platform, including media streaming devices and routers as well. There’s a range of Web browser extensions as well, which are frequently updated with new features. Also, note that you can use it on up to 5 devices simultaneously, which seems like a generous offer.
- Ivacy: This VPN is also present on numerous platforms via native software. Desktop and mobile systems are supported, as well as media streaming devices and routers. Even Web browser extensions are on offer. Just like its competitor, you can use Ivacy on up to 5 devices at the same time.
Winner: There’s no clear winner here as both of these devices are present on numerous platforms. Also, they can be used on the same number of devices at the same time.
Installation & Initial Configuration
Don’t worry, today’s VPNs are usually very easy to install and use. However, it’s always a good idea to pay attention to this aspect before buying a subscription.
- ExpressVPN: We liked that ExpressVPN offers a central page from where you can review your account information. Also, this is from where you can download various types of applications. To further simplify this process, you can log-in using an activation code that can be applied only once. All in all, it won’t take more than a few minutes to set up this VPN and start using it.
- Ivacy: This VPN comes with lightweight applications that are easy to install. After you sign-up, proceed to download the application from its website. Once you install it, simply log-in using your credentials. There’s nothing out of the ordinary here, and there’s no bloatware either.
Winner: Once again, it’s impossible to choose a winner. Both of these VPNs come with similar installation methods, suitable even for complete beginners.
So, what kinds of features can you expect? Do you need a rather simple VPN, of a more capable one? Let’s see what can be expected out of these VPNs.
- ExpressVPN: It’s safe to say that even the most demanding users are going to like this VPN. It comes with several sets of protections against data leaks and it includes plenty of advanced options as well. There’s a kill-switch, split-tunneling, and you get unlimited server switches, bandwidth, and data. Many of these VPN’s services are automated and run in the background, so you don’t have to worry about tweaking them. The only thing that’s missing is an ad blocker.
- Ivacy: This VPN has been on the market for a long time now. Therefore, you can expect a set of sophisticated features that includes split-tunneling as well. In many ways, ExpressVPN and Ivacy look close to identical, and this aspect of the VPNs isn’t helping us differentiate them. Once again, Ivacy is a fully featured VPN designed for both beginners and advanced users.
Winner: We are sure that you’ll love what both of these VPNs offer. After all, they come with a nearly identical set of features, both of which are incredibly powerful.
If you want plenty of freedom, you’ll want a VPN capable of providing a sizeable server network. Most importantly, you need a VPN with servers in many countries around the world.
- ExpressVPN: For a long time now, ExpressVPN has been known for the size of its network. The same applies even today, as you can count on 3,000 servers. These are spread across more than 90 countries and 160 locations in total. Thanks to these strategically placed servers, you should always be able to find a nearby server, no matter where you’re located.
- Ivacy: If you decide to go with this VPN, you’ll get access to more than 1,000 servers found in a bit over 50 countries. It’s clear who’s the winner of this category, as Ivacy can’t really be compared to ExpressVPN in terms of their server networks.
Winner: If you need plenty of servers scattered around the world, your choice here is clear. You should pick the ExpressVPN.
Ease of Use
It’s true that VPNs are complex applications, powered by high-end technologies. However, this doesn’t mean that they’re complicated to use – as both ExpressVPN and Ivacy show.
- ExpressVPN: We’re big fans of this VPN’s user interface, which has been further simplified during the last year or so. All it takes to connect to a server is to click on a country’s name. ExpressVPN will do the rest on its own, in the background. Of course, you can also dive a bit deeper by visiting the application’s settings, where you’ll find plenty of things to fine-tune. ExpressVPN comes with numerous applications for different platforms and devices, and all of them come with a uniform design.
- Ivacy: We can’t say that Ivacy isn’t a modern-looking VPN service. It comes with a nicely designed UI but also has certain limitations. During our time testing this service, we found that certain UI elements aren’t as intuitive. In other words, it will take some time until you fully understand how this application works and how to get the most out of it.
Winner: Both ExpressVPN and Ivacy VPN are nicely designed VPN applications. However, in terms of pure functionality and intuitiveness, we believe that ExpressVPN takes the lead.
Media Streaming & Torrenting Support
Do you need a VPN to unblock Netflix and other popular websites? If that’s so, you’ll need a capable VPN with a proven track record of working with streaming platforms. Don’t worry, we have some options for you, as you’re about to see.
- ExpressVPN: Simply said – ExpressVPN is one of the best (if not the best) VPNs for media streaming. As per our tests, it can unblock Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and many other services. There’s no throttling or buffering involved, and you won’t see any error messages in the process. Don’t worry, this VPN also supports torrenting. All of this VPN’s servers support P2P file transfer, which is not something you’ll see every day.
- Ivacy: As you can read in our review of this VPN, we were surprised by its media streaming capabilities. It managed to unblock plenty of media streaming services, including the world’s most popular ones. Just like its competitor, it also plays nice with P2P files as well.
Winner: This is yet another round without a clear winner. Both ExpressVPN and Ivacy can easily unblock a host of websites, including the world’s most popular media streaming platforms.
Security & Privacy
This segment of our ExpressVPN vs Ivacy comparison tells you about encryption, VPN protocols, and other features designed to safeguard your data. Therefore, make sure to read it carefully.
- ExpressVPN: This VPN brings 256-bit AES encryption, know to be the strongest type of commercially available encryption. You get an array of VPN protocols to choose from, including OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, and PPTP. There’s a kill-switch included, whose role is to shut down your Web traffic if your data becomes exposed online. And most importantly, ExpressVPN keeps no records of your Web activity as its recent independent audit proves as well.
- Ivacy: Everything we said about ExpressVPN stands true for Ivacy as well. You’ll find 256-bit AES encryption here, as well as protocols like OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TPT, SSTP, and IKEv2. Ivacy claims not to collect any of your data, which makes this VPN a user-centric option. As per our tests, there no data leaks here either.
Winner: In terms of making sure your privacy is intact, both of these VPNs are highly effective. The only thing that goes in ExpressVPN’s favor is its recent audit – which gives you peace of mind when browsing the Web.
Speed & Performance
It’s true that you can do plenty of speed up a slow VPN. However, you can avoid slow VPNs completely by reading articles just like this one. That’s because we’re doing speed tests when reviewing VPNs, telling you what kind of performance to expect.
- ExpressVPN: This VPN made our Web connection slower by 19% on average. We have to say that we were impressed by this result, even though there are slightly speedier VPNs out there. However, know that ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPNs on the market. In case you find a nearby server to connect to, you’ll most probably encounter a faster performance.
- Ivacy: As per our tests, this VPN slowed us down by 49% on average. As you can see, this is nowhere near to what its competitor is offering. In fact, this is an average VPN in terms of its performance, which won’t leave many of you impressed. This also means that we recommend it only to those who have fast Web connections, to begin with.
Winner: There’s no need to think hard about the winner of this round. Being one of the top-performing VPNs right now, ExpressVPN should be your first pick.
As you know, VPNs are technical solutions. Even though they’re usually highly optimized, something can go wrong from time to time. This is the reason why we’ll compare these two VPNs’ customer support systems.
- ExpressVPN: In case you ever get stuck, you can count on ExpressVPN to help you out. This VPN’s customer support system includes live chat and email, in addition to helpful resources you can check on your own. There are troubleshooting and installation guides, frequently asked questions, and even a very informative blog section on its official website.
- Ivacy: As we already said, Ivacy isn’t a new VPN. Therefore, it had plenty of time to perfect its service. Speaking from the aspect of its customer support, we must say that Ivacy has done a wonderful job. There’s a live chat on its website, installation guides, FAQ, support tickets, and other ways of finding help. There’s also an easy way to upload your log, which helps this VPN’s team to solve your problem faster and easier.
Winner: Finding a VPN with a team that’s always ready to help isn’t exactly easy. Well, as it turns out – you have two options right in front of you. No matter if you pick ExpressVPN or Ivacy, you count on their helpful customer support agents.
We’ve reached the final round of our ExpressVPN and Ivacy comparison. Let’s talk about the pricing of these VPNs, as well as other payment-related information.
- ExpressVPN: This VPN comes with a monthly price of $12.95. As you can see, this isn’t the most affordable option, but we still think this VPN brings plenty of value for its price. Of course, you’ll find some hefty savings by choosing this VPN’s long-term plans. For example, there’s an annual plan priced at $99.95 which also brings three additional months of use. You can pay via numerous payment processors, including Bitcoin. And also, there’s a 30-day money-day money-back guarantee.
- Ivacy: If you want to pay on a monthly basis, you’ll need to pay $9.95 for this VPN. Just like its competitor, Ivacy brings interesting savings found in its long-term plan. For example, the annual plan brings the price down to $3.33 – which seems like an incredible deal. You can pay via PayPal, credit cards, AliPay, PerfectMoney, and Bitcoin is supported as well. And finally, you can expect a 30-day money-back guarantee from this VPN as well.
Winner: This really is a tough choice. It’s true that Ivacy seems like an incredibly good deal. However, we can also say that ExpressVPN brings plenty of value for its price. The choice is up to you – whether you have a limited budget, or if you truly want the best VPN out there.
ExpressVPN vs Ivacy – Which One Should Be Your Pick?
We do have to admit – choosing one out of these two VPNs is a tough task. They both offer plenty of their price, and they both have their strong and weak sides. However, ExpressVPN seems like a more capable VPN solution in this comparison.
Ivacy helps you unblock websites, secure your private data, and you can count on its helpful customer support team. However, ExpressVPN offers all of those things as well, in addition to many other benefits. This is one of the fastest VPN services right now with a proven track record of not keeping personal data of its users. Therefore, it’s highly secure yet easy to use. With this said, we do strongly recommend you subscribe to ExpressVPN if you need a trustworthy, capable, and efficient VPN service.
Dear readers, this is where we conclude our ExpressVPN vs Ivacy comparison. Finally, we’d like to ask you to share this article online. You can also follow us via our social media profiles, on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!