So, you want to learn more about Exodus for Kodi? You are probably reading this article because you’ve heard that Exodus is one of the best Kodi addons at the moment. Well, that’s entirely true. This addon is capable of expanding your Kodi in unimaginable ways. If you care about watching movies and TV shows on Kodi – then you absolutely must try the Exodus Kodi Addon.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Everything You Need To Know About Exodus Kodi Addon in 2019
Here at TechNadu, our editorial team is made of passionate Kodi users. This is why we’re always on the hunt for the next best addon. However, Exodus has always been one of our favorite addons for a very long time. It’s true that you can find numerous other fully-working addons, but this one never managed to disappoint us.
A certain shift happened several months ago when a developer in charge of Exodus announced that he had ended any support for this addon. In the meantime, Exodus has been picked up by another developer (Kodi Bae). As always, problems happen here and there, but that’s nothing that our Exodus troubleshooting guide cannot solve.
Before installing the Exodus Kodi addon, make sure to read the following section very carefully. To install this addon, as well as any other third-party addon, you need to make sure that your Kodi supports installations from unknown sources.
Important Requirement: It is of vital importance to make sure that your Kodi supports third-party addons. This isn’t the case by default but can be easily changed using the application’s Settings.
- Open Kodi and use the gear icon in the top-left corner;
- Now click on ‘System Settings’;
- Make sure to select ‘Add-ons’ in the left-positioned sidebar;
- On the right side of the screen, click on ‘Unknown Sources’;
- You will be presented with a warning message. Feel free to confirm your decision;
- Double-check if a toggle next to ‘Unknown Sources’ if switched to ON.
10 Steps to Install Exodus Addon on Kodi
The truth is that Exodus has had its ups and downs. After being unavailable for a few months, it’s finally back. Thanks to a developer known as Kodi Bae, we can now install a brand new version of Exodus that is regularly maintained as well.
- First, you need to download a ZIP file that contains the Kodi Bae Repository. Make sure to open this GitHub page and look at the bottom. You will see a file named ‘repository.kodibae-1.0.0.zip’. Click on this file;
- Next, take a look at the right side of the screen. Click on the ‘Download‘ button to download the ZIP file to your computer. Make sure to leave it in the ZIP file format (do not unzip it);
- Now open Kodi and click on ‘Add-ons‘;
- Take a look at the top-left corner and click on the Open Box icon;
- Select ‘Install from ZIP file‘;
- Using a newly opened pop-up, navigate to the recently downloaded ZIP file. If you’re a Windows user and if the file is on your desktop, go to C: > Windows > Users > Your Username > Desktop. Click on the ZIP file to install it;
- Wait for a few seconds and then select ‘Install from Repository‘;
- Navigate to Kodi Bae Repository > Video Add-ons > Exodus;
- Finally, use the ‘Install‘ button to install the addon;
- Return to the Add-ons section, where the Covenant Kodi addon will be waiting. Enjoy!
What to Expect from Exodus Addon?
So, what can you expect when it comes to the Exodus Kodi addon? The answer is – you can expect a huge library of movies and TV shows. This addon covers the latest Hollywood blockbusters, older classics, as well as non-English cinematography. No matter what kinds of movies and TV shows you like to watch, this is going to be your go-to place.
- Movies & TV Shows: The first two categories you will see on Exodus’ home screen are Movies and TV shows. When you enter any of these two, you will see more than a dozen of different sub-folders. Thanks to these sub-folders, you can explore more specific types of content. For example, you can filter the available content by genres, year of release, popularity, as well as in other ways. This is also where you will see a sub-category named Languages. Make sure to explore this section to find Bollywood movies, as well as other non-English content such as Chinese and Korean. You can also use the provided links to find other niche addons for Kodi.
- My Movies & My TV Shows: If you have a Trakt.TV or IMDb account, you can integrate it with Exodus. Both of these can provide a convenient way to create custom watchlists. Trakt.TV goes even further than that by providing personalized suggestions, so you’ll always have something to watch. You can learn how to use Trakt.TV with Exodus by using the provided link. When you sign-up for these services and add them to Exodus, you will be able to right-click on any title and add it to your watch. That’s how you can keep this list easily accessible.
- New Movies & New Episodes: These two categories bring the recently released (or found) streaming links. In general, this is where you’ll find movies that have recently appeared on the Web. When it comes to TV shows, the ‘New Episodes’ category shows episodes that have been aired a couple of days ago.
- Channels: At the moment, Exodus tracks fourteen popular TV channels. You won’t be able to watch these live, but instead, you can watch the latest blockbuster that was aired. When you click on any of the available entries, Exodus will scrape the Web and provide dozens of results. Then, you can pick the one you’d like to try out.
- Tools & Search: To set up your Trakt.TV and IMDb account, you go to Tools. This is also where you can clear junk files, cache, and reload available providers. In general, this is where you should go if you’re facing technical issues with the Exodus Kodi addon. Finally, you can always use the Search to find specific titles within this addon.
Alternatives to Exodus Kodi Addon
Even though you are a fan of Exodus, you must try other addons to see how capable they are in streaming the latest movies, TV shows, etc in HD. Not being popular doesn’t mean they are not good in what they do. So, don’t underestimate any Kodi addon. Just install the following addons and experience it and delete if they are not a perfect one for you.
We hope that the Exodus Kodi addon is treating you right in 2019. Have you managed to install it and what do you think about this addon?
If you think other Kodi users might find this article to be helpful, why not share it on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks? As always, you can count on the comments section below to talk to TechNadu’s editorial team. We’ll be happy to assist you in resolving technical issues with Exodus.