So, you want to learn more about Exodus for Kodi? You are probably reading this article because you’ve heard that Exodus is one of the most popular addons at the moment. Well, that’s entirely true. This addon is capable of expanding your Kodi in unimaginable ways. If you care about watching movies and TV shows on Kodi – then you absolutely must try the Exodus Kodi Addon.
Disclaimer: We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
WARNING: Before You Continue…
Even without your explicit consent, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is collecting and filtering your Web browser data. This means that using Kodi to stream copyrighted content might get you into legal trouble. Also, your ISP might block access to specific streams, which leads to Kodi errors, or entirely blocked and throttled streaming. This is why users of Kodi should always use a VPN to make sure their identity and privacy are protected while streaming.
TechNadu’s editorial team uses and strongly recommends ExpressVPN. This is, by far, the fastest and most reliable VPN with the power to unblock any website and service. Once activated, ExpressVPN encrypts your Web traffic and makes it anonymous – keeping it away from your ISP’s prying eyes. In fact, you will become invisible on the Web since your user logs, and your traffic history isn’t stored on any server.
Make sure your Web browsing and streaming aren’t used against you. Subscribe to ExpressVPN and enjoy using Kodi without any restrictions!
Exodus Kodi Addon: The Basics
Here at TechNadu, our editorial team is made of passionate Kodi users. This is why we’re always on the hunt for the next best addon. However, Exodus has always been one of our favorite addons for a very long time. It’s true that you can find numerous other fully-working addons, but this one never managed to disappoint us.
A certain shift happened several months ago when a developer in charge of Exodus announced that he had ended any support for this addon. In the meantime, Exodus has been picked up by another developer (Kodi Bae). As always, problems happen here and there, but that’s nothing that our Exodus troubleshooting guide cannot solve.
How to Install the Exodus Kodi Addon?
Before installing the Exodus Kodi addon, make sure to read the following section very carefully. To install this addon, as well as any other third-party addon, you need to make sure that your Kodi supports installations from unknown sources.
It is of vital importance to make sure that your Kodi supports third-party addons. This isn’t the case by default but can be easily changed using the application’s Settings.
- Open Kodi and use the gear icon in the top-left corner;
- Now click on ‘System Settings’;
- Make sure to select ‘Add-ons’ in the left-positioned sidebar;
- On the right side of the screen, click on ‘Unknown Sources’;
- You will be presented with a warning message. Feel free to confirm your decision;
- Double-check if a toggle next to ‘Unknown Sources’ if switched to ON.
The truth is that Exodus has had its ups and downs. After being unavailable for a few months, it’s finally back. Thanks to a developer known as Kodi Bae, we can now install a brand new version of Exodus that is regularly maintained as well.
- First, you need to download a ZIP file that contains the Kodi Bae Repository. Make sure to open this GitHub page and look at the bottom. You will see a file named ‘repository.kodibae-1.0.0.zip’. Click on this file;
- Next, take a look at the right side of the screen. Click on the ‘Download‘ button to download the ZIP file to your computer. Make sure to leave it in the ZIP file format (do not unzip it);
- Now open Kodi and click on ‘Add-ons‘;
- Take a look at the top-left corner and click on the Open Box icon;
- Select ‘Install from ZIP file‘;
- Using a newly opened pop-up, navigate to the recently downloaded ZIP file. If you’re a Windows user and if the file is on your desktop, go to C: > Windows > Users > Your Username > Desktop. Click on the ZIP file to install it;
- Wait for a few seconds and then select ‘Install from Repository‘;
- Navigate to Kodi Bae Repository > Video Add-ons > Exodus;
- Finally, use the ‘Install‘ button to install the addon;
- Return to the Add-ons section, where the Covenant Kodi addon will be waiting. Enjoy!
Exodus Kodi Addon: What to Expect?
So, what can you expect when it comes to the Exodus Kodi addon? The answer is – you can expect a huge library of movies and TV shows. This addon covers the latest Hollywood blockbusters, older classics, as well as non-English cinematography. No matter what kinds of movies and TV shows you like to watch, this is going to be your go-to place.
- Movies & TV Shows: The first two categories you will see on Exodus’ home screen are Movies and TV shows. When you enter any of these two, you will see more than a dozen of different sub-folders. Thanks to these sub-folders, you can explore more specific types of content. For example, you can filter the available content by genres, year of release, popularity, as well as in other ways. This is also where you will see a sub-category named Languages. Make sure to explore this section to find Bollywood movies, as well as other non-English content such as Chinese and Korean. You can also use the provided links to find other niche addons for Kodi.
- My Movies & My TV Shows: If you have a Trakt.TV or IMDb account, you can integrate it with Exodus. Both of these can provide a convenient way to create custom watchlists. Trakt.TV goes even further than that by providing personalized suggestions, so you’ll always have something to watch. You can learn how to use Trakt.TV with Exodus by using the provided link. When you sign-up for these services and add them to Exodus, you will be able to right-click on any title and add it to your watch. That’s how you can keep this list easily accessible.
- New Movies & New Episodes: These two categories bring the recently released (or found) streaming links. In general, this is where you’ll find movies that have recently appeared on the Web. When it comes to TV shows, the ‘New Episodes’ category shows episodes that have been aired a couple of days ago.
- Channels: At the moment, Exodus tracks fourteen popular TV channels. You won’t be able to watch these live, but instead, you can watch the latest blockbuster that was aired. When you click on any of the available entries, Exodus will scrape the Web and provide dozens of results. Then, you can pick the one you’d like to try out.
- Tools & Search: To set up your Trakt.TV and IMDb account, you go to Tools. This is also where you can clear junk files, cache, and reload available providers. In general, this is where you should go if you’re facing technical issues with the Exodus Kodi addon. Finally, you can always use the Search to find specific titles within this addon.
We hope that the Exodus Kodi addon is treating you right. Have you managed to install it and what do you think about this addon?
If you think other Kodi users might find this article to be helpful, why not share it on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks? As always, you can count on the comments section below to talk to TechNadu’s editorial team. We’ll be happy to assist you in resolving technical issues with Exodus.