Builds for Kodi are unbelievably helpful creations. Instead of downloading and installing third-party addons manually, a build can do that for you. While some of these can be quite radical in terms of their design, there are also those that are highly streamlined. The EPIC build is one of the simple ones. Let’s take a look at how to install the EPIC Kodi build.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Everything You Need To Know About EPIC Kodi Build in 2019
As we said in the introduction, some builds for Kodi can turn this application into something that belongs in a sci-fi movie. Even though those kinds of builds can be exciting, they aren’t the easiest to navigate through. This is why we’re happy we have builds like EPIC. Even though it completely changes the way that Kodi looks like, it brings a highly polished and intuitive UI.
It takes close to 250MB for EPIC to be installed, so make sure to have some free disk space on your device. As you can imagine, we are talking about media streaming devices that are often limited in storage.
The process of installation of third-party addons and builds for Kodi can be somewhat complicated. That’s why you need a trustful guide. Don’t worry, our editorial team at TechNadu has plenty of experience in testing and using Kodi. This is why we’ll provide a step-by-step guide followed by screenshots.
To make sure the installation goes smoothly, make sure to carefully read the next segment.
Important Note: First and foremost, you need to enable unknown sources on Kodi. This is because Kodi doesn’t allow you to install or run third-party addons. As you know, this application has been associated with piracy in the past, and this is a way for Kodi’s developers to fight against that. However, you can make Kodi open by visiting its Settings. Please, use the provided link to read our guide. Then, keep on reading this article.
15 Steps to Install EPIC Build on Kodi
Finally, we are ready to show you to install the EPIC Kodi build. We’ll begin by adding a new file source to Kodi, and then we’ll use that source to install the required files. Let’s begin.
- Once you open Kodi, click on the Gear icon to access its Settings;
- Next, open the ‘File Manager’;
- On the left side of the screen, double-click on ‘Add Source’. A pop-up will appear;
- Now click on ‘<None>’ and enter this URL: http://advancedkodi.ca/wizard/. Click ‘OK’ to confirm your entry;
- We also need a name for this file source. Type in ‘Advanced Kodi’ in the bottom-located field on the pop-up. Click ‘OK’ to close the pop-up;
- Return to Kodi’s home screen and open ‘Add-ons’ using the main menu;
- Then, click on the Open Box icon;
- Choose to ‘Install from ZIP file’ and another pop-up will appear;
- Open ‘Advanced Kodi’ and this is where you’ll see a ZIP file named ‘plugin.program.bigpermwizard.zip’. Click on this file to install the addon;
- Once the addon installs, you will see a series of dialog boxes. You can feel free to dismiss these by pressing the Esc key on your keyboard;
- Return to Kodi’s home screen, open ‘Add-ons’ and navigate to ‘Program Add-ons’. Then, open the addon we have installed – Big Perm Wizard;
- First, you need to open the ‘Builds’ item;
- Then, select ‘EPIC’ and you’ll be asked to do a Fresh Install or to update your Kodi. We always recommend doing a fresh install since it’s the best way to avoid any problems. You’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to proceed, so confirm your decision;
- Next, you need to wait until the build downloads and installs. This can take a few minutes, so sit back and relax.
- Finally, make sure to ‘Force Close’ Kodi once the installation is done. Restart the application and you’ll be greeted by the EPIC Kodi build.
What to Expect from EPIC Kodi Build?
This build covers a wide range of content including TV shows, movies, sports, and more. Unless you have a specific entertainment need, we think you’re going to love what’s on offer here. Let’s take a look.
- TV Shows: This is the first content category you’ll see. If you navigate to the bottom of the screen, you will get to see different filtering options like the most popular titles, genres, TV networks, and more. In many cases, you will see a grid of TV shows when you enter a sub-category. Click on any of these titles will force EPIC to scan the Web for available sources.
- Movies: We’re glad to see that this category isn’t just a copy of the previously mentioned one. Right on the home screen, you’ll get to see the most popular titles powered by the Placenta Kodi addon. It’s also worth noting that sub-categories include 3D and 4K movies.
- Sports: Even though the home screen of this category shows sports movies like Draft Day and Dodge Ball, you will get to true sports content via sub-categories. This is where you can preview the available content related to the NHL, NFL, MLB, and more.
- Setup & System: We think that the EPIC Kodi build looks amazing out of the box. However, we know that some of you might link to fine-tune it. Using these two categories, you can change the UI, add your Trakt account, and more.
- Addons: The truth is that addons can stop working overtime. This means having to uninstall old ones and to install freshly released ones. So, it’s good that this build is bringing this option.
- Kids: The final content category is all about children. Aside from offering animated movies made by DreamWorks, Disney, and Pixar, there is a selection of TV channels as well.
Dear readers, this is where we conclude our article on the EPIC Kodi build. We sincerely hope that you’ll manage to install and use it without any issues. In case there’s something you’d like to say, don’t hesitate to post a comment below.
As always, we would like to ask you to share this article online. Thank you!