Update: Unfortunately, Durex Build is no longer working. Sadly, repositories that host those builds are no longer online. We strongly suggest you to take a look at our overview of the best Kodi builds and try some other alternative.
As many of you probably know, a number of popular addons went offline a few weeks ago. This is bad news for every Kodi user – especially those using custom builds. Since some of the popular addons no longer work, it will take some time until developers of builds find alternatives. This also means that you might not be happy anymore with the build you’re currently using. If that’s the case, we have a solution. Keep on reading to learn more about the Durex Kodi build.
Before getting started, we strictly recommend you to be safe while using Kodi. Therefore, we want you to read the
We will be talking about software developed for Kodi – which is based on open-source code. However, the following software comes from unofficial third-parties. In addition, it is publicly available and free of charge. TechNadu doesn’t claim any responsibility for how our readers decide to utilize the following software. Please note that we don’t condone sharing pirated content and copyright infringement. TechNadu is not affiliated with the software mentioned in this article in no way. Make sure to carefully read the above-said disclaimer and ensure the proper use of the software.
disclaimer and WARNING notice found below.
Warning: Why you should ALWAYS USE a VPN with Kodi?
Here are the reasons that you should consider looking at it without SKIPPING.
- Using ILLEGAL Kodi Addons are Dangerous without a VPN: Most of the Kodi users are installing the ILLEGAL Kodi addons on their system to access all the latest movies, TV shows, sports, music, and much more for FREE, than a legal Kodi addon where it has the least content in it. But do you know what? The video content on illegal addons is scraped and copyrighted material. If you are accessing them on Kodi, then your activities will be monitored by your ISP by tracking your IP and gives all the information to the government or companies if they request for it. This will land you in trouble. To stay away from this, you will have to connect to a VPN where it hides your identity by rotating your IP address while streaming Kodi content. This is how you will be safe from the prying eyes.
- Bypass Geo-Restriction: As you probably know, some official addons like BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, Hulu, IceFilms have geo-location restrictions. This also applies to other addons like Acestream which fetches the data from torrents. To unblock these restrictions, you will have to DEFINITELY use a VPN no matter what.
The above are the 2 reasons that forcing us to recommend a VPN to the Kodi users for safer streaming. In fact, after testing several VPNs for Kodi, we finally came up with a one non-stop solution and that is ExpressVPN, the top-rated Kodi VPN so far.
Limited Time Offer: For our TechNadu readers, there is a 49% OFF on ExpressVPN which includes 3 FREE Months in it.
Everything You Need To Know About Durex Kodi Build
Just like any other build created for Kodi, Durex brings you a huge selection of addons. Not only that, this build overhauls Kodi’s user interface and brings a new kind of navigation. You will get to see a prominent horizontal main menu. Using the main menu, you can easily switch between different content categories, such as movies, TV shows, sports, family-oriented programming, and more. Not only that but you’ll end up with dozens of amazing addons as well!
To install the Durex Kodi build, you need to first download its Installation Wizard. This might be a bit complicated if you’re a newbie, so you’ll need a trustful guide. Lucky for you, we are here to help! We will be guiding you through every step of the way. In addition, plentiful of screenshots should help you navigate your way easily. So, let’s get started.
Important Note: Before we proceed, you need to enable the support for third-party addons for Kodi. By default, this application won’t let you install addons unless they are in the official repository. As you can imagine, Durex isn’t one of those. Don’t worry, we can fix this easily.
Here’s how guide on how to enable unknown sources on Kodi. Make sure to follow it carefully. Once you’re done, return to this article and keep on reading.
15 Steps to Install Durex Build on Kodi
The first part of installing the Durex Kodi build is installing its Wizard. This is a tool that will help you find the correct version of the build and download it to your Kodi. We are here to assist you, so let’s get started.
- Open Kodi and go to Settings (click on the Gear icon in the top-left corner);
- Open the File Manager;
- On the left side of the screen, double-click on ‘Add Source’. A pop-up window will appear;
- Click on ‘<None>’ and then carefully type in the following address: http://drxbld.com/wiz/. Click ‘OK’ to confirm your entry;
- You also need to name the source. Go with ‘Durex’ and click ‘OK’ to dismiss the pop-up window;
- Return to the Home Screen of Kodi. Click on ‘Add-ons’ in the main menu;
- Take a look at the top-left and find the Open Box icon. Click on it;
- Select ‘Install from ZIP File’ and wait until you see another pop-up window;
- Navigate to ‘Durex’. This is where you’ll find two files. You need to click on the one that is called ‘plugin.program.drzwizard.zip’. Wait until the addon installs which might take several minutes;
- Once the process is complete, you will see the Installation Wizard. Feel free to click on ‘Dismiss’ or ‘Ignore’. We are going to install the build manually;
- Return to the Add-ons section of Kodi and click on ‘Program Add-ons’;
- On the left side of the screen, you’ll see the Durex Wizard. Click to open it;
- Navigate to ‘Builds’ where you’ll see different versions. As you can see, you need to have Kodi 17.6 installed so make sure to respect that requirement. Click on any of the available versions of the build;
- Go with ‘Fresh Install’ and then follow the dialog boxes. The Durex build will now download to your Kodi and install automatically;
- Once done, click on ‘Force Close’ and wait a minute or two. Then, reopen Kodi and your new build should be waiting. Enjoy!
What to Expect from Durex Kodi Build?
When it comes to available addons, Durex is one of the most comprehensive builds at the moment. No matter what kind of content you like to watch, you’ll certainly find something interesting. Let’s take a look at the available content categories on the Home Screen of the Durex Kodi build.
- Movies: By default, this is the first section you’ll see every time you start Kodi. The build relies on an addon named Placenta at the moment – and this is the main addon for movies here. However, there are other interesting addons like Gaia, Flixnet, At The Flix, SkyNet, and UK Turk Playlists. Please note that not all addons work, such as Elysium and Neptune Rising.
- TV Shows: This section is pretty much identical to the previous one in terms of available addons. That’s because movie-related addons usually bring TV shows as well. There is a lot to choose from, or you can go for any item in the sub-menu like Highly Rated, People Watching, and more.
- Family: As you can image, this section features content suitable for the entire family. This includes cartoons for the youngest members of your family, in addition to movies for grownups. There are many ways to filter the available addons.
- Miscellaneous: This is a set of addons that don’t have their own dedicated categories. For example, this is where you’ll find addons for documentaries, Webcams, and similar. This can be very interesting to explore when you have some free time.
- Durex TV: This is premium-priced IPTV service made by the same guys behind this build. If you care about live TV, you’ll find a very large selection of TV channels from all over the world. However, there’s also a section to watch TV free of charge.
- Paid TV: In case you’re using a third-party premium IPTV service, this is where you’ll find the respective addon. Just enter your user credentials and you’re ready to go.
- Free TV: As you surely know, there are a lot of addons that provide IPTV for free. The only downside is that you’ll often encounter non-working streams.
- Sports: When it comes to the sports section, you can watch NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, and everything in between. There’s a number of new and older addons – many of which are hugely popular.
- Music: If you’re into listening to music via Kodi, this is where you’ll find Vevo, YouTube, Spotify, and a few other interesting addons.
- System: In case you’re having any issues with the Durex Kodi build, this is where you should seek a solution. You can clean up junk files, check the build’s integrity, and more.
- Addons: The final section of the main menu is about addons. You will notice that a number of included addons don’t work as they should. Once you encounter those, you can visit this section to remove them – so they don’t take valuable space.
Dear Kodi fans, that would be all. Have you managed to install the Durex build and what are your thoughts? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below.