The last thing you want to encounter while using a VPN app on your Firestick is an error preventing you from reaching a server. So, if you’re currently seeing the “CyberGhost VPN service not reachable” error on your Firestick, we understand how frustrating that can be. Still, there’s plenty you can do to resolve that situation, and we’re here to guide you in the best possible way.
With that said, we offer you 5 troubleshooting tips on fixing the “CyberGhost VPN service not reachable” error known to happen on Firestick and Fire TV devices.
1. Check the Quality of Your Web Connection
Before doing anything else, we recommend checking the quality of your Web connection. Keep in mind that any VPN will slow down your Web connection – up to a certain point. Even though there’s plenty you can do to speed up a slow VPN, if your “original” Web speed is limited, that could produce a number of errors with your VPN.
There are many ways to test the speed of your Internet connection on Firestick devices. However, we recommend using the Speedtest app. Download it on your Firestick/Fire TV, run it, and see if everything works as it should. Compare your result to what you’re paying for to your ISP, and if there’s a significant discrepancy, contact your ISP.
2. Clear Your Fire TV & Firestick’s Cache & Data
In many cases, the ‘CyberGhost VPN service not reachable’ error on Firestick is caused by your device’s faulty cache data. With that said, know that you can clear your Firestick’s cache in the following way:
- Select the ‘Home‘ button on your remote controller.
- Now, select ‘Settings‘ and then pick the ‘Applications‘ menu.
- Then, select ‘Manage Installed Applications.’
- Find ‘CyberGhost VPN‘ and click on ‘Force Stop.’
- Pick ‘Clear Data‘ and ‘Clear Cache.’
Once you clear your Firestick’s cache, we recommend restarting your media streaming device. Do that by going to Settings > Device > Restart. Confirm by picking ‘Restart Your Fire Stick’ and wait a couple of minutes before you try CyberGhost VPN again.
3. Switch Between TCP & UDP Variants of OpenVPN
CyberGhost is powered by the OpenVPN protocol on Amazon’s media streaming devices. Even though that protocol is known for its stability, things can go wrong. So, as a way to resolve the ‘CyberGhost VPN service not reachable’ error on Firestick, we recommend switching between different variants of OpenVPN in the following way:
- Launch CyberGhost VPN and wait until you reach its home screen.
- Pick the Settings icon (in the top-right corner).
- Then, select the ‘Use TCP‘ button (toggle it ON or OFF).
- Return to CyberGhost VPN’s home screen.
- Try reconnecting to a server in a different country.
4. Reinstall the CyberGhost VPN App
Interestingly enough, many issues with VPN apps on Firestick/Fire TV devices are resolved by reinstalling them. With that said, you’ll first want to remove CyberGhost VPN by following these steps:
- Go to Settings on your Firestick or Fire TV.
- Navigate to ‘Applications.’ Then, pick ‘Manage Installed Applications.’
- Select ‘CyberGhost VPN‘ using the list of installed apps.
- Pick ‘Uninstall.’
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the procedure.
Once you uninstall the CyberGhost VPN app, we recommend restarting your Firestick. Then, access the Amazon App Store and use its search functionality to look up the VPN app. After you download and install it, log in and try accessing any of its servers.
5. Restart Your Firestick & Associated Devices
And lastly, we also recommend restarting your Firestick along with any associated devices that you might use. With that said, you’ll want to restart your Firestick by unplugging it, waiting a couple of minutes, and plugging it back in.
The same applies to your modem or router – restart it by removing its power source, wait for a couple of minutes, and plug it back in. Keep in mind that your modem or router might take several minutes to boot up and become operational once again.
If none of the previous methods helped you resolve the ‘CyberGhost VPN service not reachable’ error on Firestick, your final option is to turn to CyberGhost VPN’s customer support.
You’ll be happy to know that CyberGhost offers a live chat feature on its website, which comes as the fastest way to get help – and we strongly recommend using that option.
That would be all on resolving the ‘CyberGhost VPN service not reachable’ error on Firestick. If you have any questions, make sure to post them just below. And finally, thanks for reading!